Best headset for 100$ - Comfort!

Morfanos

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a headset, it's mostly for listening to music, movie and games, but I might use the microphone sometimes, so for 100$ I prefer to have the two. I could get an ASUS Xonas DGX or similar ~30-50$ sound card, would it make a noticeable difference?

I heard good things about the Siberia V2 from Steelseries, but I'm a total newbie in headsets. The main thing I want is something comfortable, that I can wear all day long and not get tired of it, if that exits ^^

To be honest, it wouldn't matter if it was just a headphone, without the microphone, if the comfort/sound quality difference is worth it.

What would you guys recommand? I live in Canada by the way, so the 100$ budget is in CAN, and only for the headset/headphone. I would add a sound card (low-end) if it was to make a noticeable difference. 

Thank you very much!

Thanks, which sound card do you recommand? 30$ DGX, 55$ DSX? Is the difference worth it between the two, or between any two sound cards of these prices?

Thanks, which sound card do you recommand? 30$ DGX, 55$ DSX? Is the difference worth it between the two, or between any two sound cards of these prices?

Well it depends. What motherboard do you have? Some actually have decent sound modules.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Get any ASUS Xonar card that fits your buget 

Interested in Business and Technology

Audiotechnica ATH-AD700 with an AntLion ModMic or Zalman clip-on instead of a soundcard.

A soundcard now-a-days would make things worse for low impedance headphones.

Wow, 99$ instead of 250$, great deal! 

What exactly do these 'clips' do?

I just bought the Asus Orion Pro with a USB soundcard for $100. it comes in tomorrow. I'll post a review or rundown of it probably tomorrow night

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

What exactly do these 'clips' do?

They add a mic to your headset without compromising selection. Any headset you can add a mic. The Antlion Modmic was reviewed by Linus and he recommends it.

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

They've been hovering around $100 for quite some time - $250 was the original MSRP a long time ago. Still, they're way better than any "gaming" headset.

They've been hovering around $100 for quite some time - $250 was the original MSRP a long time ago. Still, they're way better than any "gaming" headset.

I'm using Astro A40 and i love them. They are great for cross-platform gamers whom switch from PC to XBOX/PS3

I'm using Astro A40 and i love them. They are great for cross-platform gamers whom switch from PC to XBOX/PS3

That's judging by feature set as opposed to sound. Anyone can buy the Astro Mixamp (or any other device that accomplishes the same) and plug in any headphones and have the "cross-platform compatibility" if they so desire.

Sound quality wise, I'd wager the Audiotechnicas are better than any Astro headset. 

That's judging by feature set as opposed to sound. Anyone can buy the Astro Mixamp (or any other device that accomplishes the same) and plug in any headphones and have the "cross-platform compatibility" if they so desire.

Sound quality wise, I'd wager the Audiotechnicas are better than any Astro headset. 

Obviously they will, as Audiotechnicas are made for sound purely and are extremely enhanced. (very good products AudioT's are!)

Aren't they like $250? Way too expensive for a headset.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

+1 for the AD700's and Zalman mic. Incredibly comfy and they sound great for the money, I used to own siberia's quite a while ago, and the 700's are way comfier and sound better. Zalman mic is also great if your just doing voice chat and stuff like that, cheaper than the modmic too and just as good afaik.

+1 for the AD700's and Zalman mic. Incredibly comfy and they sound great for the money, I used to own siberia's quite a while ago, and the 700's are way comfier and sound better. Zalman mic is also great if your just doing voice chat and stuff like that, cheaper than the modmic too and just as good afaik.

Modmic seems a little bit better in my opinion but it is subjective since it is around $30~ vs the $7 zalman mic

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review