What's better about the Skylake compared to the i7-4790k?

FritosRawesome

I pretty new to the "computer building thing" and I was wondering what makes the Skylake better? Please give me as many details as you can because I'm very ignorant on the subject. And another question; Is more Ghz better?

A bit better IPC (instructions per cycle) and better iGPU. That's mostly it.

In games there would be a minimal difference.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

As i recall, Linus did a video on are all Ghz the same : 

about the skylake, it has a new chipset so you can upgrade, DDR4 RAM, although that doesn't mke much of a difference, more PCIe lanes. etc

As i recall, Linus did a video on are all Ghz the same : 

about the skylake, it has a new chipset so you can upgrade, DDR4 RAM, although that doesn't mke much of a difference, more PCIe lanes. etc

Of course!! I should have looked it up before on their channel. Duuuhhhh. oopps. :o  :lol:

I pretty new to the "computer building thing" and I was wondering what makes the Skylake better? Please give me as many details as you can because I'm very ignorant on the subject. And another question; Is more Ghz better?

There should be no perceivable difference for most people. Intel's generational changes have been minor for a long time now. 

The biggest advantage is that Intel will probably keep using the socket that Skylake chips are running in for a while, plus DDR4. So if you're building a new system and build for upgradability, Skylake will be the better option; however for Bang for the Buck there will be basically no difference today. Keep in mind that the 4790k is from 2014, whereas the Q6600 from that video is from 2007...