EK Predator AIO fan help

Metro

Hello

Who is going to keep the Vardar 2200RPM fans on the EK Predator AIO or will you remove them for another fan

I am not sure what to do, as I want the fan to be quiet but still have good performance

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

you can set the fan speed so you'll be able to find the balance you need. 

Hello

Who is going to keep the Vardar 2200RPM fans on the EK Predator AIO or will you remove them for another fan

I am not sure what to do, as I want the fan to be quiet but still have good performance

Thanks

The EK vardars have a pretty good controllable range and are fairly quiet but if you were to replace them I'd probably go for Nocuta's or Noiseblocker fans.

Vardar is quiet and performs well.

There is no such thing as a fan spinning at 2,000rpm and stays quiet. If you want low noise. The only option is reduce fan speed. Also noted, fan speed doesn't scale linearly for cooling. Increase the fan speed from 1,100rpm to 2,000rpm will only drop about 5*C with a 240 rad. However the noise...you try and you will know.

Vardar is quiet and performs well.

There is no such thing as a fan spinning at 2,000rpm and stays quiet. If you want low noise. The only option is reduce fan speed. Also noted, fan speed doesn't scale linearly for cooling. Increase the fan speed from 1,100rpm to 2,000rpm will only drop about 5*C with a 240 rad. However the noise...you try and you will know.

I would use the fans at round 1000RPM, do you think I should use NB Eloop, Noctua or keep the EK Vardar fans

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would use the fans at round 1000RPM, do you think I should use NB Eloop, Noctua or keep the EK Vardar fans

Vardar is good. Actually the better fans are like 1 or 2*C better than the average fans when tuning to the same noise level. So don't expect a big leap when switching to other fans.

When I switched from Corsair SP120 to Noctua NF-F12. I reduced the temp by 2 degree under load. Although NF-F12 definately has much less(or no) motor noise and the sound pitch is easier for my ears. Try the Vardar first, i would recommend.

Vardar is good. Actually the better fans are like 1 or 2*C better than the average fans when tuning to the same noise level. So don't expect a big leap when switching to other fans.

When I switched from Corsair SP120 to Noctua NF-F12. I reduced the temp by 2 degree under load. Although NF-F12 definately has much less(or no) motor noise and the sound pitch is easier for my ears. Try the Vardar first, i would recommend.

Well from this review the fans seem to be listed as really loud

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EKWB/Predator_240/7.html

Not loud below 1,200rpm. They test it at full speed.

I can tell you the NF-F12 or the Fractal Design Venturi running at full speed can be noisy as well.

Is 41 decibels considered quite, which is 1123 RPM

Quiet doesn't mean silent. There will be a little bit of fan noise at 1,100rpm no matter Noctua or whatever. Swiftech H220X comes with 1,800 rpm fan. That mean at 50% setting, it spins only around 900rpm. Other air cooler like Cryorig H5 has a 1,300rpm fan. They will be super quiet at 50% setting, of course.

I can only attest Vardar at 1,000-1,100rpm is not louder than NF-F12 and Ventrui HP-12 at the same rpm. I'd say Vardar=NF-F12< HP-12. Never try NB Eloop, so don'y know.

no, 41dbA is not quiet.

KitGuru noise guide

10dBA – Normal Breathing/Rustling Leaves

20-25dBA – Whisper

30dBA – High Quality Computer fan

40dBA – A Bubbling Brook, or a Refrigerator

50dBA – Normal Conversation

60dBA – Laughter

70dBA – Vacuum Cleaner or Hairdryer

80dBA – City Traffic or a Garbage Disposal

90dBA – Motorcycle or Lawnmower

100dBA – MP3 player at maximum output

110dBA – Orchestra

120dBA – Front row rock concert/Jet Engine

130dBA – Threshold of Pain

140dBA – Military Jet takeoff/Gunshot (close range)

160dBA – Instant Perforation of eardrum

you would be shooting for sub 30dbA for quiet, less than 25dbA for silent

no, 41dbA is not quiet.

KitGuru noise guide

10dBA – Normal Breathing/Rustling Leaves

20-25dBA – Whisper

30dBA – High Quality Computer fan

40dBA – A Bubbling Brook, or a Refrigerator

50dBA – Normal Conversation

60dBA – Laughter

70dBA – Vacuum Cleaner or Hairdryer

80dBA – City Traffic or a Garbage Disposal

90dBA – Motorcycle or Lawnmower

100dBA – MP3 player at maximum output

110dBA – Orchestra

120dBA – Front row rock concert/Jet Engine

130dBA – Threshold of Pain

140dBA – Military Jet takeoff/Gunshot (close range)

160dBA – Instant Perforation of eardrum

you would be shooting for sub 30dbA for quiet, less than 25dbA for silent

So I should not use a Vardar fan then, I just want a quiet AIO as I will be using BeQuiet fans, not sure if using the fans on 800RPM will reduce the performance of the EK Predator 360mm, for cooling a overclocked 5930K

oh, the temperatures will prolly increase with sub 1000rpm fans, to sacrifice noise.

an evil trade off. 

the F4 specs @ 12v:

speed: 2200rpm

pressure: 3.16mm/h2o

sound: 35dbA

compared to:

silent wings specs @ 12v:

speed: 1500rpm

pressure: 1.63mm/h2o

sound: 16dbA

might i suggest these

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-fan-rocf11004?history_days=365

hyperborea specs @ 12v:

speed: 1300rpm

pressure: 2.64mm/h2o

sound: 18dbA

strictly the hyperborea have as much pressure as the F4 at 12v but nowhere near

the sound presence. the silent wings are much quieter, but not the pressure to

overcome the temperature increase. pretty much half of the F4 fans.

oh, the temperatures will prolly increase with sub 1000rpm fans, to sacrifice noise.

an evil trade off. 

the F4 specs @ 12v:

compared to:

might i suggest these

hyperborea specs @ 12v:

It means little to compare the spec at 12V, unless you plan to run them only at full speed. Make more sense to compare their performance at the speed/noise level you perfer, e.g. 1,000rpm.

It means little to compare the spec at 12V, unless you plan to run them only at full speed. Make more sense to compare their performance at the speed/noise level you perfer, e.g. 1,000rpm.

but no manufacturer has less than 12v specs to compare to.. 

but if you have a fan making less noise at 12v and more pressure, kinda

stands to reason to at least consider it.

but no manufacturer has less than 12v specs to compare to.. 

but if you have a fan making less noise at 12v and more pressure, kinda

stands to reason to at least consider it.

Airflow, static pressure and noise level relate heavily with fan speed. One fan spins at 2,200rpm, one at 1,500rpm and the other one 1,300rpm. You just can't compare them at their full speed.

Give you another example. Corsair SP120 has two versions. Performance edition max 2,200rpm, and Quiet edition max 1,400rpm. Their spec at 12v at full speed can not be more different. However, these two fans have the same frame, same fan blade design and made of the same material. The only difference is the motor. When they spin at the same rpm, they will have the same static pressure, airflow and almost the same noise(because of different motor noise). These apply to Gentle Typhoon(different version of various speed), EK Vardar and others. You can't say the slower or the faster version is better, since they have the same design, except different rpm ranges.

Also, even two fans of different brands with the same maximum rpm with similar spec at full speed. You still cannot assume they will perform the same at slower speed. For example, Gentle Typhoon has a 2,200rpm version. Noctua Industrial PPC NF-F12 has a 2,000rpm version. Noctua is much louder than Gentle Typhoon at 2,000rpm. But almost equally quiet at 1,000rpm.

an evil trade off. 

the F4 specs @ 12v:

compared to:

might i suggest these

hyperborea specs @ 12v:

You cannot really get it in the UK