AMD Never Settle Forever CONFIRMED!

guas5373

Sorry if I posted in the wrong area, if so, please move. Anyway, I stumbled across a free gift on a graphics card that said Free silver reward.  After a quick search, I came upon this : http://sites.amd.com/us/Documents/Never_Settle_Forever_terms_and_conditions_July_2013.pdf It says you are able to choose you're own game, either 1, 2, or 3 games depending if you got a Bronze, Silver or Gold rewards (7700, 7800, 7900 respectively) However, couldn't find what actual games are available for the choosing.

Update: Thanks to @CDLT for finding this link: http://amd4u.com/radeonrewards/

AWESOME, may even confirm that the AMD 9000 series cards are coming in August 14 (maybe?)

AWESOME, may even confirm that the AMD 9000 series cards are coming in August 14 (maybe?)

Haha, I doubt they'd be released tomorrow, but who know?

Haha, I doubt they'd be released tomorrow, but who know?

probably not the truest because apparently AMD has an event in Hawaii where they reveal it, but who knows like you said

Well hello

AMD "Hawaii" Press Sample Boxes Surface

Some time in late September, the 25th to be precise, AMD is flying the press at large over to Hawaii, to unveil its "Volcanic Islands" GPU family, with its flagship part, codenamed "Hawaii." This chip is expected to succeed "Tahiti," on which AMD's top-end Radeon HD 7900 series is based. An poster on ChipHell forums leaked these pictures of a press-package of AMD's flagship Hawaii-based graphics card, which has things going both for and against its credibility.

To begin with, the picture shows an audio CD-type jewel case holding Battlefield 4. Given that the game won't launch until late-October, we find it implausible that its release DVDs will be ready a month in advance. There's also a graphic printed on the box that shows the shore of a volcanic island (where magma meets the ocean) in the background, and an AMD logo in the foreground. The thread also contains a few alleged x-ray shots from a different poster, but we're pretty sure that they're of a motherboard. Nice try.

93a.jpg

93b.jpg

http://www.techpowerup.com/188834/amd-hawaii-press-sample-boxes-surface.html

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Is it possible that the new games for never settle (BF4 for example) will be available for the 7000 series?

im  trying to decide if i want to CF or get a new card

Is it possible that the new games for never settle (BF4 for example) will be available for the 7000 series?

im  trying to decide if i want to CF or get a new card

you might want to click on the link next time, clearly says that, hell even the original post says that

If BF4 becomes a part of this deal, which it has been widely circulated that it will, then I will totally be picking up a second 7950 for Crossfire.  

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Interesting.

I'm still within my return period for my MSI GTX 760. That bundle with the cheap 7950 prices may push me to return it and get a 7950.

If I already have bought my 7950 will I be able to participate in this?

No.

Only with cards bought when the promotion is ongoing.

If I already have bought my 7950 will I be able to participate in this?

Yea, seems you're out of luck, promotion begins August 14, 2013

Looks like it's live on Newegg now. 

i5-3570K @4.2ghz | Gigabyte Z77-DS3H | 16GB G. Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 (2x8GB) | 120GB Vertex 3/640GB WD 7200RPM | AMD HD7950 @ 1025mhz | 600W Corsair CS600 | Hyper 212 CPU Cooler | 5x 120mm fans 79cfm | Ultra Defender Case

Looks like it's live on Newegg now. 

Yea, but I believe it will only be qualified on newly purchased cards starting today, and in the future.

Yeah I see it on Newegg.com, unfortunately its not on the .ca yet :(

I'd order the ICEQ X2 7950 but it will probably be out of stock by the time the deal shows for me.

No.

Only with cards bought when the promotion is ongoing.

That blows :( thanks for the quick reply though.

Just ordered a huge upgrade for my build and got a 7970, I think I'm going to get Dues Ex and then wait for BF4 and hopefully Watch Dogs to be added to the list, the other games I'm not too interested in or have already beaten if they're really great like Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs and Far Cry 3.

That blows  :( thanks for the quick reply though.

You should e-mail Newegg or wherever you bought the card from first before you get sad, they've been known to be kind and ship you a free game card if you're a day or two late.

That blows :( thanks for the quick reply though.

When was your card purchased and where , out of curiosity.

Anyone know how long the promo will be lasting?  

EDIT:  Nevermind I found it.

Well I'll definitely be ordering a new 7950 when BF4 is added to the lineup lol.  The card is just so cheap right now... it's too much of a deal to pass up.

So you can save them up to redeem upcoming games? Might pick up a 7950 and recoup half the cost in games  :ph34r:

[spoiler=Current Rig:]i5-4670K @ 4.4 Ghz on 1.3v | MSI Z87I | GTX 780 @ 1150 Mhz | 2x8GB ADATA XPG | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | CM V700 PSU | Custom Watercooled in a Caselabs S3

[spoiler=Peripherals:]Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 | Corsair K70 | Sennheiser Urbanite headphones | Corsair Vengeance MM200 | Asus PB278Q + Samsung 22"

AMD lately has been know for its GPU+Video games coupons. Now the things get a bit more complicated while you are the one who chooses the games you want from a specific Tier but there is a limit in the number of games you can get. 

7770/7790 : Bronze Tier-1 Free Game out of 6

7800 Series: Silver Tier-2 Free Games out of 8

7900 Series: Gold Tier-3 Free Games out of 8

7990: Gets 8 out of 9 Games for Free.

These are the Tiers:

NSFTiers_575px.jpg

NSFFootnote_575px.jpg

In my opinion the games are not as good as in there older bundles. For example Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3 were the really hot titles. However, having the ability to choose is very nice.

Also the fact that the Bundle ends in December 31, 2013 is interesting. AMD said no new GPUs on 2013 so maybe on January 1st, 2014 we can see the 9000 series finally coming out with a new updated bundle?!Who knows.

Source:Anandtech

Edited by Stav Kats

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Glad I didn't waste time for this before I bought my card. Not really worth it. Far Cry 3 looks like the only good game to me and my brother has that for Xbox if I'm really dying to play it...

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

I was really hoping they would have new games out for the bundle. Maybe there will be a new version when the 9XXX series comes out.