little to no internet connection, supposed to have 65 down and am getting 1 or less

lookoutworld11

I recently had my internet speeds bumped up to 65mbps, and I only get 1 mbps down :( I know it isn't my internet modem because my laptop is getting 50 down and 10 up. What is the problem???? I have tried everything, forgetting the network and reconnecting, restarting my computer, even manually setting up a connection with the same specs. What do i do? My wlan card is a asus pce-n15, and I am running windows 7. Thanks in advance :)

NZXT Tempest 210, 4770k @ 4.6ghz, Phanteks PH-TC14CS, 660ti DirectCUII @ 1180mhz, Asrock extreme 3, 8gb gskill sniper, ocz zt series 650w, wd blue 1tb, CM storm Quickfire w/ mx blues, Team scorpion X-Luca http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42301-the-mean-green-machine/?p=550606

That sounds like a really strange issue. When you said you manually set up another network with the same specs, is that different hardware on the modem end? And did it help? Have you got the latest drivers for your wifi card?

Also, you could try posting this in the networking subforum where there might be some more people who can help.

HTTP/2 203

That sounds like a really strange issue. When you said you manually set up another network with the same specs, is that different hardware on the modem end? And did it help? Have you got the latest drivers for your wifi card?

Also, you could try posting this in the networking subforum where there might be some more people who can help.

I checked the drivers but they were up to date. The program I used was from asus and it gives you tons of networking options, it didn't help though :\

NZXT Tempest 210, 4770k @ 4.6ghz, Phanteks PH-TC14CS, 660ti DirectCUII @ 1180mhz, Asrock extreme 3, 8gb gskill sniper, ocz zt series 650w, wd blue 1tb, CM storm Quickfire w/ mx blues, Team scorpion X-Luca http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42301-the-mean-green-machine/?p=550606

Has it just started or was it like that before? It could be that you're only noticing it now that your speed has been upgraded, but I don't know what it was before.

... computer, even manually setting up a connection with the same specs. ...

What do you mean by that? Different router hardware or wifi card? What difference did it make?

HTTP/2 203

My brother had the same issue, we were supposed to get 68 down and he was getting under 1. It turned out has dongle was broken and since replacing it he is now getting the full speeds.

I would suggest trying another dongle or card to see if it makes any difference.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

My brother had the same issue, we were supposed to get 68 down and he was getting under 1. It turned out has dongle was broken and since replacing it he is now getting the full speeds.

I would suggest trying another dongle or card to see if it makes any difference.

^ this or your ISP is the biggest douche company ever (except EA)

Has it just started or was it like that before? It could be that you're only noticing it now that your speed has been upgraded, but I don't know what it was before.

What do you mean by that? Different router hardware or wifi card? What difference did it make?

I guess I will barrow my friends one. If that doesn't work, I don't know what to do  :(

Try reseating your Wifi card.

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest RMAing it or getting a return.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Try reseating your Wifi card.

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest RMAing it or getting a return.

So I tried a wired connection and I get 60 down, I really wish I had a wired connection in my room :(. I filed a RMA with Asus, Hopefully they will replace it.

Broken antenna?

Get a new one or RMA it.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.