Display recommendations for a remote gaming station

Dor

Hey, everyone.

I'm currently in the process of building my first gaming station (at the age of 23), and I'm down to my last component, the display.
The thing is, I'm sitting at 3.6 meters (12 feet) from the computer due to the way my bedroom is designed and the fact that I'd much rather relax in my comfy bed than sit on a chair that will eventually make me wish I could play while I'm on my comfy bed instead of sitting kinda cramped next to a wall with ra relatively small display (no matter how good the chair is).
In other words, I'm in dire need of a pretty big screen that's not a piece of c*ap.

So, obviously, I went online and searched the websites of all the electronics and computer stores in my area for a display that fits my needs, and even visited some of them physically (Let me point out that I live in a place with terrible public transportation, and do not own a car at this moment).
And I found NOTHING. Absolutely nothing :(
Computer screens are too small and TV screens don't have any of the features that I'm looking for.

So here's the part where I need your help:
First, I heard that a display should be about 1\3 of the distance between you and your station. Can you guys confirm or deny this?
If you think otherwise, please tell me why.

And, like I said in the title, I could use a few recommendations for computer monitor/TV screen models that'll fit my needs.
Here's a list of the features I'm looking for, in order of importance:

Bugdet
Up to 850$

Size
40"-55" (assuming what I've heard about screen size/viewing distance ratio is right)

Resolotion

1920x1080

Input
DisplayPort, DVI

Good color reproduction (not sure about the numbers on this one)

(Static) Contrast Ratio
4000:1-5000:1

Input/Display Lag
Under 10MS

Refresh Rate
At least 120Hz

Finish
Matte (as thin as possible)

Response Time
8-2MS

If it's a TV, I'd prefer it to have VESA mount, and I prefer an LED screen over LCD/anything else.

Oh, and one more thing:

Let it be known that I am not a competitive gamer, that's why the way I prioritize features may seem a bit weird to people who fap to CS:GO videos on youtube (for example, preferring good picture quality and even a pretty display over some speed features).

I'm into deep, story driven games, and I want a display that'll give me the best gaming and visual experience while playing them (considering the fact that I'm not filthy rich).

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to lend a hand.

I'm really desperate here.

i've seen some vesa-mountable 1440p IPS displays go relatively cheap. (Dell 25" Monitor U2515H)

as for input, i'm gonna suggest HDMI, because if you look good, long HDMI cables are actually fairly cheap. if you find a cheap, long displayport cable, i'd suggest going that route tho.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you are going to find a large monitor/TV with over 60hz refresh rate. I'll be following this in case someone posts one as I have been curious if it exists as well. When I looked into it a year or so ago they were all claiming 120/240/480/600 etc, but were all still native 60hz panels with processing to fake the higher refresh rates.

That being said, have you used a 120hz monitor to really know the difference? I've used them for short periods of time and it wasn't a huge difference for me, and that was when I decided I didn't really care to keep looking for a TV over 60hz. It may be an acquired taste tho, and if I was to use one for longer I may not be able to live without it...

I typically sit 9 feet from my 40" TV in my living room and it is a comfortable size in my opinion, at times I do wish it was a tad larger, so I would personally for a 47-50" at 12 feet.

Also a personal opinion, but I have found that the specification numbers that manufactures publish are completely worthless to go off of. Unfortunately, the only way to know if you will like a TV/monitor is to see it in person.