File Management SDD/HDD Help

ArneD

So I've got all the components I need to build a pc -specs below- and for the first time ever I'm getting an SDD because they're supposed to be better at stuff... thing is I don't really know what exactly I should put on the SDD (it's a 128gb one). I've thought about just putting the os on th sdd but that seemed like a waste to me. Any help? I will be installing windows 10 in case you need that. Thanks in advance! :P

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 - Boxed
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 380 - Nitro - 4GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Asrock H97M Anniversary
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport - DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Kit - 8GB
SDD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 - 128GB
HDD: Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 - 1TB
PSU: Antec HCG-520M
Case: Antec GX500

os, programs and youre most played games, use the 1 tb for secondary games you dont play alot and for media storage

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

os, programs and youre most played games, use the 1 tb for secondary games you dont play alot and for media storage

Thing is programs will take up way more than 128GB, on my current pc the Program files folder and program files (x86) combined have 300GB

Thing is programs will take up way more than 128GB, on my current pc the Program files folder and program files (x86) combined have 300GB

thats including all your games and such, not all of them will be installed on the ssd, install os first obviously, then your most used programs and drivers, then your most played game or two

average person installing all of their programs (games not included) shouldnt fill a 120 gb ssd

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

thats including all your games and such, not all of them will be installed on the ssd, install os first obviously, then your most used programs and drivers, then your most played game or two

average person installing all of their programs (games not included) shouldnt fill a 120 gb ssd

Well actually I got all my games on a 500GB HDD which is almost completely filled... I rightclicked the properties on the folders and it said they're that big. I also don't story any media in those fyi

Well actually I got all my games on a 500GB HDD which is almost completely filled... I rightclicked the properties on the folders and it said they're that big. I also don't story any media in those fyi

well then youre the exception arent you lol

start with the most important stuff, os, drivers, main programs and go from there

maybe you should think about getting a bigger ssd :P

well then youre the exception arent you lol

start with the most important stuff, os, drivers, main programs and go from there

maybe you should think about getting a bigger ssd :P

Thanks for your help tho :P