EVGA Hadron Air VS Fractal Design ARC Mini R2

e00

Hey guys,

I'm considering these two cases and I'm not too sure which one to choose?

I'm probably going to get a skylake i3 and a gtx 960 so its quite power efficient, so don't really need to worry about ambient case temps. 

Which would you choose and why?

Fractal Design because it doesn't have a PSU, great expand ability, rubber gromits and allows MATX 

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

I loved the Hadron Air at first but eventually it grew to really bug me. The fact that the sata cables are visible through the side panel and you can't hide them or re route them killed me inside. Also the PSU fan eventually got really high pitched and whiny, I couldn't stand it.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

I loved the Hadron Air at first but eventually it grew to really bug me. The fact that the sata cables are visible through the side panel and you can't hide them or re route them killed me inside. Also the PSU fan eventually got really high pitched and whiny, I couldn't stand it.

It looks great and its kinda awseome that you can cram all that power in a tiny space but i guess matx is still small too and the will fans probably annoy me a lot. Thanks for the input!

mini r2 hands down, so much more customization available with it

CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.6 ghz  Motherboard: Asus z170-a  Cooling: Corsair h80i GT GPU: EVGA GTX 970  Ram: G.Skill 2x8 gb ddr4 2400  PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 550w  Case: Corsair 200r Storage: 250GB 850 EVO + 2x wd 1 tb drives

I've got my current build in an R2 Mini, and it's a fantastic case with excellent build quality - especially for the price.

Bear in mind it's a little bigger that normal (in fact it looks like it would border on being able to house ATX boards) and as long as you can accommodate it in your home/office etc, go for it.