having ADHD while in collage

saiftech

ok i have no other please to ask this so here goes

so i just started collage and i also have ADHD i have informed the collage Dr. and she said that i need to wait a week till she'll tell me what they'll do to help me

so i keep wondering that how there gonna help me with me having ADHD? i heard they can help me postpone on exams or give me more time on Homework but i dont know if its true or not?

i have no idea what they'll do to help me so can anyone tell me please?

Well, i remember when i went to shcool that one dude with ADHD had super special treatment, like no homework and stuff, etc... Me on the other hand with OCD got no help :P A tech forum might not be the best place to ask though ;) I really guess it depends on the country you're in :P

What I've heard:

At our school, you are allowed to ask for a note-taker for each class you are in, you are allowed to test in a different place / time from everyone else, and maybe homework due dates are delayed? Not sure on that one, but I assume most colleges are similar. In the U.S. they have to be due to disability law.

Thanks!

Chris R.

I have ADD but never bothered with any notifications to the school or anything because I don't takes meds and will not take them, usually if they considered it an academic disability they give more time on exams sometimes or allow you access to a free tutor, but it really depends on where you are as its generally the schools discretion on how they handle it

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

You may have some private tutor sessions arranged, as well as things like extended homework deadlines and more time, or private exams to help you keep from getting distracted. What they do will change from college to college though. 

ok i have no other please to ask this so here goes

so i just started collage and i also have ADHD i have informed the collage Dr. and she said that i need to wait a week till she'll tell me what they'll do to help me

so i keep wondering that how there gonna help me with me having ADHD? i heard they can help me postpone on exams or give me more time on Homework but i dont know if its true or not?

i have no idea what they'll do to help me so can anyone tell me please?

As a fellow ADHD person, I can tell you that you might get stuff like delayed due dates and a note taker, but it would be far more beneficial to you to learn how to motivate yourself to work and get shit done. When you graduate, there aren't going to be note takers and extended deadlines just because you can't focus.

Are you taking medication? If not, you should be. If you're going to expect your school to accommodate you, you should meet them halfway

I have ADHD and ASD but it hasn't been much of a problem lately ;)

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |