Can 860K handle 3D rendering or Oculus Rift?

An overclocked 8320e would be better than an i3 and trade blows with an i5 in rendering. The oculus rift classifies as gaming, so no.

Planning to go 4.1GHz or something on that range. So if I go i3-4170, I can overclock it? My problem with Intel builds is I can't get it running before the end of the year because I'm getting a Z97 board for overclocking

Spoiler

Planning to go 4.1GHz or something on that range. So if I go i3-4170, I can overclock it? My problem with Intel builds is I can't get it running before the end of the year because I'm getting a Z97 board for overclocking

You can't overclock an i3 unless you touch the bclk, and I don't recommend doing that - so it wouldn't make sense to get a z97 board for it. I also wouldn't go for the 4170, the 4130 is better value.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You can't overclock an i3 unless you touch the bclk, and I don't recommend doing that - so it wouldn't make sense to get a z97 board for it. I also wouldn't go for the 4170, the 4130 is better value.

so h97 route + 4130, if there's an upgrade --> 4690K (I have no use for 4770/4790 as I don't do heavy works of renders), is that correct?

Spoiler

so h97 route + 4130, if there's an upgrade --> 4690K (I have no use for 4770/4790 as I don't do heavy works of renders), is that correct?

I'd rather upgrade to a xeon 1231v3, since on h97 you can't oc the i5 - also, if you need to spare money you might as well go b85

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd rather upgrade to a xeon 1231v3, since on h97 you can't oc the i5 - also, if you need to spare money you might as well go b85

Xeons are pretty much non-existent in our country. They are only used here as server processors, and usually bundled up with servers.

Does B85 supports OC?

Spoiler

Does B85 support OC?

No, but neither does h97.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I would advise against getting an occulus with an 860k. a gtx 970 is also going to barely cut it. High and steady frame rates are essential, especially to eliminate head tracking jitter that comes with low or unstable frame rates. head tracking jitter will cause headaches and make your eyes feel like they're bleeding.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Hmm B85 possible upgrade would be 4590 then?

yeah, or 4460 - they perform almost the same

sudo chmod -R 000 /*