EVGA 980 Ti Classified dead?

Blew
Ive only had this card for a couple days and i rearranged how i had the two 8 pins connected and now it wont turn on. No lights, no fans, windows doesn't detect anything.

FGvd6xm.jpg

This is how it was plugged in when it was initially working. I took one of those out and just used one cable from the psu cause it splits into two and it just killed it. Was that wrong to do? Help is greatly appreciated.

PSU - NZXT Hale82-n 750w
Mobo - Asrock OC Formula z77
CPU - 3770k

"The internet is a series of tubes"

id give you the answer to that question but its classified :P

did you take the cable out while it was on?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

id give you the answer to that question but its classified :P

did you take the cable out while it was on?

No unplugged and i held the power button too. Im starting to thing it just died, im just confused as to how..

How are you getting an output? Using the IGP?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

No unplugged and i held the power button too.

What do you mean you "held the power button"?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

How are you getting an output? Using the IGP?

Yeah i can use both at the same time on this mobo,

and i meant i just unplugged it and flushed the rest of the power by holding the power button.

No unplugged and i held the power button too. Im starting to thing it just died, im just confused as to how..

have you tried different outputs?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

have you tried different outputs?

The fans aren't spinning, the lights wont turn on, and it wont output anything. The card just went from working perfectly fine to dead

The fans aren't spinning, the lights wont turn on, and it wont output anything. The card just went from working perfectly fine to dead

try other PCIe cables? Is the PSU on? Are all connectors in place (24-pin and 8-pin CPU) - hard drive connected? Are the cables being pressed somehow or stretched?

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

This is how it was plugged in when it was initially working. I took one of those out and just used one cable from the psu cause it splits into two and it just killed it. Was that wrong to do? Help is greatly appreciated.

It can't have died from using a split PSU connector. One of the connectors on my 980 KPE has a 8+6 PSU cable and it works just fine. 

Use the two 8 pin GPU cables again to see if it boots, re-seat the GPU. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It can't have died from using a split PSU connector. One of the connectors on my 980 KPE has a 8+6 PSU cable and it works just fine. 

Use the two 8 pin GPU cables again to see if it boots, re-seat the GPU. 

I've re-seated it 3 times and nothing. VGA_LED on my mobo is now lit up red

Try the system with another GPU, use a different PSU in the system.

You can also try the GPU in another system.

I don't think the daisy chained power cable could blow it. The worst that could happen is not enough power being delivered so the GPU doesn't start or, you blew the PSU by asking for too much of a single rail.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Try the system with another GPU, use a different PSU in the system.

You can also try the GPU in another system.

I don't think the daisy chained power cable could blow it. The worst that could happen is not enough power being delivered so the GPU doesn't start or, you blew the PSU by asking for too much of a single rail.

Yea PSU is dead. It wasnt powering the gpu, now it wont turn on at all. Card is fine i tried it in a diff computer. Thanks 

Yea PSU is dead. It wasnt powering the gpu, now it wont turn on at all. Card is fine i tried it in a diff computer. Thanks 

Welcome. RMA the PSU if possible.

If not, well it's cheaper to replace a PSU than it is a GPU.

It's not a race to the bottom.