PC Will not power on

Zentorno56
Go to solution Solved by LukeS,

Try a new outlet? as people are saying, Bad PSU or poor wiring... Also: make sure you installed everything correctly.

My tight budget computer will not turn on. I've checked cables, PSU Switch is on, and is plugged up.

Specs

FX6300

8GB Avexir RAM

Some Gigabyte $40 mobo

XFX 250X

And some shitty Thermaltake PSU

is the RAM in all the way is the CPU power connecter pluged in the right orientation. does your motherboard LED turn on, and is your PSU on 

Sux... Sounds like something has failed. Try disconnecting all the unnecessary components and see if it turns on then.

My native language is C++

is the RAM in all the way is the CPU power connecter pluged in the right orientation. does your motherboard LED turn on, and is your PSU on 

He already answered basically all of your questions m8.

My native language is C++

RAM's in, CPU Connector check, No, and yes.

He already answered basically all of your questions m8.

that's when i taught on my first build i check all the cables over like 80 times because my CPU power port didn't have a notch so i kept putting it on different sides and it worked

Sux... Sounds like something has failed. Try disconnecting all the unnecessary components and see if it turns on then.

Alright. I'll try that real quick.

RAM's in, CPU Connector check, No, and yes.

it might be a bad PSU if the motherboard light isn't on can you test it on another pc if you have one?

I think your psu might be dead...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

And some shitty Thermaltake PSU

^Answered.

Actually before I use bias to draw conclusions, lets do some troubleshooting. So I imagine your motherboard has a onboard GPU(Radeon 3200, in the 780 chipset), remove your GPU(250X) and see if this does any thing. If it doesn't, then remove all drives(SSD/HDD/ODD) and try. If nothing still, then unplug all of the PSU connections, and use a wire or a bent paperclip to ground the green pin to a black pin on the 24 pin connector(this will "jump start" your PSU). If jump starting the PSU doesn't work, then its dead and never buy a Thermaltake product ever again.

I think your psu might be dead...

No power=dead PSU or a poor wiring job or dead mobo.  I'm gunna go with the PSU.

it might be a bad PSU if the motherboard light isn't on can you test it on another pc if you have one?

Does that mean one or more other components are effected too?

^Answered.

Actually before I use bias to draw conclusions, lets do some troubleshooting. So I imagine your motherboard has a onboard GPU(Radeon 3200, in the 780 chipset), remove your GPU(250X) and see if this does any thing. If it doesn't, then remove all drives(SSD/HDD/ODD) and try. If nothing still, then unplug all of the PSU connections, and use a wire or a bent paperclip to ground the green pin to a black pin on the 24 pin connector(this will "jump start" your PSU). If jump starting the PSU doesn't work, then its dead and never buy a Thermaltake product ever again.

Ill try the last two but removing the GPU still does nothing. Ill update soon.

It could be any of the following:

Dead PSU

Dead motherboard

Bad connections

Dead surge protector or other electrical problems at the outlet.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Try resetting the BIOS and plugging the power cable into another socket.

Well, if you tried the wiring again then it's either the mobo or the PSU.  Is the fan in the PSU even spinning when on?

When it actually did turn on, yes.

Might be the mobo then, or the PSU is not properly sending out the power.  Sounds more like the mobo is the issue now.  Or, did you get it working?

No like seriously nothing does anything. And to be sure it isnt the surge protector, everything else that is hooked into it, works.

No like seriously nothing does anything. And to be sure it isnt the surge protector, everything else that is hooked into it, works.

dead PSU or mobo

Troubleshooting a pc will make you believe in gremlins.

--Thread killer--

Try a new outlet? as people are saying, Bad PSU or poor wiring... Also: make sure you installed everything correctly.

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

Marking solved, dead PSU or Mobo