GTA V and Witcher III Stuttering?

Lavish

After playing a bit of the gta story mode I got to the mission where you have to take the tow truck and bring the car to the impound, but I noticed whilst driving there my screen was stuttering quite often, the same thing happens in the witcher 3 with hair works turned off, GTA is on default settings and witcher 3 is on high, any tips on whats causing this? My specs are in my sig.

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

turn vsync on

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Have you checked whether there are any programs running in the background and swallowing up ram or other system resources? Are you running the latest version of the game and/or graphics card drivers?

turn vsync on

The 144Hz refresh rate purist in me says no.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

What's your CPU/GPU/RAM usage like when you stutter?

[witty signature]