Water doesn't fill watercooling rad.

MarcoAzarmaneche

Hey guys ! I recently finished building my beast workstation/gaming pc. So I got the following specs: i7 5960x, rampage v extreme, SLI 980ti's, 64 gb of corsair DDR4 ram, Corsair ax1500i.

I got a leak test, it went well ! No leaks beside a small one which i found out was because one of the hardpipes wasn't well inside the fitting. I did 2 flushes with distilled water so i rinse up the whole system before i fill it.

I filled it and I got a pretty small waterflow, although i'm usink ekwb's most powerful single pump. Well, that's the first problem.

Afterwards, on the top rad, there is a small flow of water although the entry hose appears to be full. I waited alot maybe it would fill up but no. The waterlevel in the res is dropping too slow. I tried to put the pc upside-down on its side and not too much results. 

Is it a problem with the pump? I have to mention its a pwm pump so maybe it goes at its lowest speed.

Can you help me sort it out ?

Thanks.

Did you fill the rad halfway with warm distilled water and shake it to make sure the gunk was out? (drain on white plate/bowl) to see if any particulates- if there are- they would most likely be in the rad.

If you've done all that.

It appears that pumps (specifically the D5 and similar) run at 60-70% while no pwm is connected (it should be enough)- make sure your pwm is not connected to mobo if you are just doing a loop test.

*If you are doing live tests (with computer on), check to see what the temps are. If they are good, then clearly its being throttled.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1519253/testing-a-loop-with-pwm-pumps

Solved it. Apparently the pump was going at 30%. Connected it to an external fan controller and it worked.