h81 + gt 630 overvolting/overclocking

astranger200

does the h81 and the gt 630 support overvolting/overclocking?

(im only going to use the gt 630 till christmas when I can afford a gtx 960)

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

no h81 overclocking unless g3258

DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH 630 OVERCLOCKING

I dont mean cpu overclocking.

also, I had a gt 610 and i overclocked it and got a 20-30 percent fps increase, so why wouldnt I overclock the 630? Its just till Christmas

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

DON'T EVEN BOTHER WITH 630 OVERCLOCKING

Low end GPU's like that are often also clocked low in addition to being cut down, turning up the clock will improve performance no matter what. Saying don't bother just shows that you don't understand the actual reason behind overclocking in the first place.

@OP

The board won't, but the 630 will be able to overclock, depending on the model of 630 you have you might be able to increase the core voltage, if it doesn't allow you on one utility you should try a different one check MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision X.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Low end GPU's like that are often also clocked low in addition to being cut down, turning up the clock will improve performance no matter what. Saying don't bother just shows that you don't understand the actual reason behind overclocking in the first place.

@OP

The board won't, but the 630 will be able to overclock, depending on the model of 630 you have you might be able to increase the core voltage, if it doesn't allow you on one utility you should try a different one check MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision X.

I do understand, but judging by the fact that he has a H81 board and a 630, his PSU ain't really good.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

I do understand, but judging by the fact that he has a H81 board and a 630, his PSU ain't really good.

That doesn't mean anything, it could be a basic system with a CX 430 but even if it was some OEM unit the 630's power draw is so minimal that the threat of tapping it out is practically non-existent. You also didn't ask in the first place, why not try that next time before spouting off an answer that's based on incomplete information.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

That doesn't mean anything, it could be a basic system with a CX 430 but even if it was some OEM unit the 630's power draw is so minimal that the threat of tapping it out is practically non-existent. You also didn't ask in the first place, why not try that next time before spouting off an answer that's based on incomplete information.

Yeah I thought about the PSU way too late.

Welp, we'll see what OP'll do soon

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.