GPU issue?

My very first LTT post!

So, my issue is that I started folding while I'm away from the computer. The CPU stays at 100% load, however the GPU power is fluctuating from 66% to ~45% about every 15 seconds or so. However when I'm gaming it's always a solid 80% to 90% while playing GTAV.

Sorry, for being so vague on what's going on. I can post a screenshot if need be.

Core i7-3820K @ 4.6Ghz

EVGA 980Ti 1353Mhz w/GPU boost - Overclocked by 50Mhz, yes.. but I've used Kombustor and it's stable.

16GB DDR3 RAM

For all I know it could just be something in the F@H software that isn't letting it stay at full tilt.

Thanks!

Leviathan

Seems like a bit of a bottleneck, if that's even so possible on a folding job. Or perhaps the task you were working on just isn't fit for a gpu, and leans more heavily on the cpu.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Last time I checked, F@H software didn't play nice with the 980ti in particular. It might have been fixed already, but I'm not sure. Gonna need allmighty @Whaler_99 for this.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Yeppers, I believe they have a lot of the issues resolved.

Now, as for you in particular. One thing we always mention, you can run every stress test on the planet and it will show your GPU OC ROCK solid. Guess what? Folding will still fail sometimes. Folding is VERY sensitive to GPU OC's. Now, this doesn't typically doesn't affect the actual time and GPU usage, just when done, it fails at 100%. Boohooo....

What are your temps at when folding? What Core and project and what is the TPF? It could very well be an efficient core you are working on, getting 100% GPU but not needing full power. 

Just looked - both my 780's running about 95% load, 60-70 Power usage, temps are good. 0x18, 9126 TPF 2min 46 sec

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99