2160x1440 Do I see more on screen vs 1920x1080?

Spaced

Just wondering if I will actually see more of the game world if I am running at 1440p vs 1080p. Will objects be smaller within the game? How does this affect gameplay on a 27" monitor? Have you found things are too small sometimes and turned the game down to 1080p to compensate?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Let's see. 2160 is more horizontal pixels. 1440 is more vertical pixels. So yes, and yes. 

The end.

the best way to describe it
this is 480p
large.jpgand here is 1080p

dolphin2011-01-0813-40jhvs.pngsee how you can see all the lines and jaggies in the 480p upscaled? it would esentually be liek that, but imagine that being 1080p and the bottom is 1440p, you'll get less jaggies on objects that are farther away or super skinny

Just wondering if I will actually see more of the game world if I am running at 1440p vs 1080p. Will objects be smaller within the game? How does this affect gameplay on a 27" monitor? Have you found things are too small sometimes and turned the game down to 1080p to compensate?

Thanks for the help in advance!

You won't see more of the game but you will see the game in higher quality, larger screen equals larger pixels, that's when you get close to a big 50 inch tv it looks bad. 27 inch 1440p monitor will look loads better than a 27 inch 1080p.

It doesn't work quite like that. SPG is correct; you would see everything exactly them same with added clarity.

The best way to explain it is you have exactly the same field of view, but you have more pixels to define what is within that field of view. This is only true for games though.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Depends entirely on the game. Different genres of games will use different scaling methods. First-person shooters for example will appear to be the exact same image and size just sharper, but you don't see more stuff by increasing the resolution. This is true of most games. Any games that don't scale this way would be considered an exception.

If there are some specific games you want to know about you can easily test it by simply loading the game, change the resolution to something lower, and see what happens. Most likely the image will become less sharp, but otherwise stay the same in terms of how much of the world is in view.

look at it like this resolution-1080p-v900p-vs-720p.jpg

Seriously?

This is the most retarded example one can give. No offence to you personally.

Do you really think gta5 @ 720p renders on the top left portion on the screen?

One of his resolutions is 3:2 and the other 16:9. IF he was asking about aspect ratios:

For very few and specific vertically challenged programs you see more when a narrower aspect ratio.

For games you see more of the game world the wider the aspect ratio is.

If he mistyped and really just asked about resolution for a single aspect ratio:

Amount of pixels means theres more room for desktop stuff and desktop environment programs.

More pixels in game will NEVER let you see more of the game world, just make it look sharper.

Seriously?

This is the most retarded example one can give. No offence to you personally.

Do you really think gta5 @ 720p renders on the top left portion on the screen?

I think the guy was asking more about aspect ratios. One of his resolutions is 3:2 and the other 16:9.

For very few and specific vertically challenged programs you see more when a narrower aspect ratio.

For games you see more of the game world the wider the aspect ratio is.

Amount of pixels means theres more room for desktop stuff and desktop environment programs.

More pixels in game will NEVER let you see more of the game world, just make it look sharper.

Just for the record I am pretty sure he meant 2560x1440 in the title. With the same aspect ratio, the field of view would not change.

Just for the record I am pretty sure he meant 2560x1440 in the title. With the same aspect ratio, the field of view would not change.

Ye, i thought that too and changed my post 1 min later.

Let's see. 2160 is more horizontal pixels. 1440 is more vertical pixels. So yes, and yes. 

The end.

Thanks to the others for clearing this up for me. I found this particular post amusing though as I'm guessing you were trying to sound clever when in fact looks like your wrong. Hehe

Thanks to the others for clearing this up for me. I found this particular post amusing though as I'm guessing you were trying to sound clever when in fact looks like your wrong. Hehe

When you edit your original post, anybody can be wrong.

When you edit your original post, anybody can be wrong.

I just found it funny that you were wrong when you were trying to be sarcastic and unhelpful. I thought it would go without saying that I understood 1440p was more pixels than 1080p but obviously you had to chime in with this anyway.