How long will my CPU last?

I have a 3570k and for a while was happy with a 4.8ghz overclock (1.36v). 5.0ghz has always been my goal and i finally decided to do whatever it took to get this thing stable at 5. So, I said screw it and bumped the voltage up till it was stable. I delidded the 3570k and replaced the TIM with ic diamond 7 and was able to get the temps down to 80-85 under prime95 with Cpuz showing 1.50v under idle and 1.496 under load. During my day to day use i never see the temp get over 70. I do not keep my computer on 24/7, it is only on when it is being used around 2-3hr a day. So, my question is how long do i have before I have to replace my CPU?

Stats:

3570k @5.0ghz (1.50v)

AS Rock Extreme 4 mobo

16Gigs Gskill Ripjaws x @1600

EVGA GTX 690 +140core +400mem

Asus Xonar DX

2x OCZ Vertex 4 (raid 0)

WD Black 1TB

Corsair GS800 psu

Cooling

EK Supremacy WB

Magicool 360 Rad

D5 Pump

Who knows? You may have a great chip which will last for years; or, you may be unlucky and it will crack out on you within 6 months. If you ever experience random BSODs, it's time to down the clock and settle for a lower clock speed and lower heat. Just know that overclocking alot will have a detrimental effect to your CPU, as you probably know, but to give you an actual figure is nigh on impossible.

CPU will not last long if it is forced to consume a lot of voltage and high temp. ... The best thing to do is, use your processor at it clock speed..... If you want more horsepower, just upgrade your cpu to 3770k.. My old pentium 4 is able to survive until today :-)

CPU will not last long if it is forced to consume a lot of voltage and high temp. ... The best thing to do is' date=' use your processor at it clock speed..... If you want more horsepower, just upgrade your cpu to 3770k.. My old pentium 4 is able to survive until today :-)[/quote']

As far as gaming is concerned, there's no reason to get a 3770K. If he does things other than gaming that requires hyperthreading, then the 3770K is the clear winner.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Your CPU should last a long long long time! I have never killed a CPU yet and have overclocked/overvolted every CPU I owned since 2001. The only thing I have noticed is that my Q6600's performance seemed to of dropped after a couple years of some heavy volts. It is called micron migration, I do believe It's the explanation for a CPU degrading over time and by overvolting the CPU you accelerate this process.

Im on your side. If I could get my CPU to be prime stable @ 5GHz thats what I would do regardless of voltage :).For my i5-2500k to hit 5jigahertz I have to hit it with 1.55V and my temps are not acceptable on the Noctua NH-D14...93F+. If I had a custom loop cooling the CPU I would push for 5GHz :)

After 3-5 years its time to sell the CPU and upgrade anyways. It will certainly last that long and as its a desirable model it will hold some value!

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

This system is just for gaming, i would have went with a 3770k or even a 3930k but for what i do they're just wasted money. As long as i can make it till Haswell, I'm happy.