Best $100+ headphone?

Kaita

Hello. So I've been searching for a good pair of headphones with good sound quality but there's one thing that most reviews don't mention: Sound leakage. And that's important for me , don't ask me why though :P . So anyway , I'm looking for a good pair of headphones that doesn't leak much sound , has a detachable cable and doesn't cost too much. I'm currently looking at the Audio Technica M40X but one of the reviews mentioned sound leak and apparently it leaks quite a lot of sound because it doesn't give much of a tight seal to make the headphones more comfortable. So I'm not sure. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

The reason why there is a sound leak (I'm pretty sure, but I'm no audiophile), is because sound leaking gives a more resounding feel. Kind of like a concert.

Steelseries siberia v2 or v3, I've had the v2 for 2 years now and its peeeeeeeeeeerfect!! It's SUPER like not heavy, GREAT sound, GREAT mic and it fits perfect on every headsize.

i5-4460 - Scythe Mugen PCGH Edition - MSI R9 390 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-1600 - MSI H97 3 Gaming - NZXT Noctis 450 Black/Red - 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD - Cooler Master G750M PSU  - BenQ RL2455HM - Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Silent - Razer Deathadder Chroma - Logitech z623 Speakers - Windows 10 & 8.1

The reason why there is a sound leak (I'm pretty sure, but I'm no audiophile), is because sound leaking gives a more resounding feel. Kind of like a concert.

I just don't want others to hear what I'm listening to >.>

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Audio Technica M line up is for monitoring and music.

They do not leak at all.Well they do.All headphones leak even the slightest bit

The M40X is the way to go

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

NVX XPT 100

Infinitely more comfortable than the M40X and wider sound stage.

Only thing is that you'll look like princess Leia when wearing them. 

NVX XPT 100

I was gonna recommend the same thing...

I was gonna recommend the same thing...

And I.... keep staring at Dean Ambrose's hair...

IDK about other people but my NVXs makes all my other headphones sound harsh. 

And I.... keep staring at Dean Ambrose's hair...

Oh, you mean Titty Master's hair? (Sorry, its just that he really looks like the kind of guy who's a gigolo and he'd fit the role. Been a fan of him since CZW as Jon Moxley. The guy is a crisp worker and ridiculously talented on the mic)

NVX XPT 100

Those headphones are huge >.> And that Princess Leia joke xD Anyway , after doing a bit more research (5 mins looking at google search results) I found this:

tAQZ8gQ.png

Not bad at all ... Guess im going with the M40X. 

Those headphones are huge >.> And that Princess Leia joke xD Anyway , after doing a bit more research (5 mins looking at google search results) I found this:

tAQZ8gQ.png

Not bad at all ... Guess im going with the M40X.

M40x?

Don't you mean the nvx?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

M40x?

Don't you mean the nvx?

Nah , I meant the Audio Technica M40x. Know any other good headphones? Besides the NVX

Nah , I meant the Audio Technica M40x. Know any other good headphones? Besides the NVX

Not the m40x that's for sure.

They are not good at all for the price, and not comfortable.

Personally I have the nvx, they block out noise great, and are comfortable.

Other options, dt770 are a bit more $$

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Not the m40x that's for sure.

They are not good at all for the price, and not comfortable.

Personally I have the nvx, they block out noise great, and are comfortable.

Other options, dt770 are a bit more $$

Most reviews say that they're the BEST at this price range , Did you try them or had bad experiences with them?

Most reviews say that they're the BEST at this price range , Did you try them or had bad experiences with them?

I have the M50s and the NVXs and while it will depend on your personal preference, the NVX's would be considered a better headphone to most people. It is more neutral, and actually has soundstage, unlike the M40x/50x which have no soundstage at all. Comfort is another thing which the NVX's have going for it, as well as build quality. Just because something is more popular, does not necessarily mean it is better... 

Lastly Laxus all the way.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B