Best nVidia GPU to pair with a G3258

Right. I'm actually planning to OC mine on an H81m board. Saves alot of moolah that way, but then again, no upgraderino with this plan.

Yeah I think I get this point. The performance gap between the 960 and the 950 is decent for a small increase in price. Unless ofc I choose the cheapest of the 950 lot

So no plans to go with the 280x? If you're not planning to get upgrade, why not get the most powerful gpu of the bunch? And its not like Tahiti cards can't OC. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

So no plans to go with the 280x? If you're not planning to get upgrade, why not get the most powerful gpu of the bunch? And its not like Tahiti cards can't OC. 

I'm pretty sure they can. But the heat man. Looking at benchmarks, the r9 280x is stronger in every aspect but not with regards to heat (and consequently noise)

It's still in consideration. BUT if I can find a 4GB GTX 960 at the same price, I might go with the 960.

For now, cards at play are 4GB GTX 960 vs R9 280x... and 2GB GTX 960 vs GTX 950.

We should probably hold this thread for now as I won't be buying the GPU until November. Prices MAY adjust by then.

These 950s and 300s are expensive as sht. I'll update you guys about 1-2 weeks before buy teim.

FOR NOW, THANKS EVERYBODEEHHHH

Especially those who ignored the my fanboy-ism and kept suggesting the AMDs. Godammit u guys.

It would've been ok for me to die not checking specs of AMD cards. HAHAHAHAHA

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |