The Witcher 3 vs Metal Gear V: The Phantom Pain vs Mad Max

RaptorCock

Geralt of Rivia <3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Witcher 3 is amazing in terms of the graphics and story, but for me mgs v is the better game, mad max is okay but nothing ground breaking.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Only thing in common is that they're all open world. I'd say all 3 are great at what they do so it's up to what you feel more like: an RPG based on story, a Stealth game or an Action game with a bit of everything.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Witcher 3 for the tits. Yennefer is bae. Also, there are some rather humorous moments to be had.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Yeah they are all very different games...

I think @Misanthrope summed it up well. I'd probably vote for Mad Max since it's more open world driven than story/quests.

Witcher 3 for the tits. Yennefer is bae. Also, there are some rather humorous moments to be had.

That is great, also anytime trolls are involved to say yes the exchanges with them are hilarious.

-------

Current Rig

-------

those games are pretty different from one another so it's hard to call on this one. all of them are very good games but i'm leaning towards witcher 3 because it's so well-crafted. 

The Witcher 3 is probably my favourite game, so it has my vote. Each game listed has their own strength though. I'm enjoying the combat more in MGS than in TW3 but that is most likey personal preference.

Witcher 3´s Combat is repetitive and the Skillsystem is weak. Its the absolut minimum they could do to call it RPG. Even if the Combat is for Braindead, its good animated and has nice finishers.

But the World, the Quests, the Dialogs, the Atmosphere, the Graphics are outstanding. OK it was downgraded alot, but still is the best looking Game out there.

Witcher 3 is a must have in my Eyes.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The Witcher 3 gets my vote. One of the best RPGs ever made, in my opinion. MGS:V is absolutely excellent as well and easy to recommend but I have to go with TW3 if that's an alternative. 

Every review and opinion I've heard of Mad Max suggests it's strictly mediocre in most respects. Avoid unless you're out of open-world games and (for some reason) you're desperate for an open-world game.

Edit because Mad Max needs some more nuance:
I'll add that I think one of the reasons Mad Max has been met with such a deafening yawn by most critics is that it came out the same day as MGS:V and when The Witcher 3 is still very relevant. Two very hard acts to follow. Mad Max follows an open-world formula like the instantly recognizable Assassin's Creed/Far Cry/Watch Dogs way of doing things, which seems so aggressively old-school to those who have now seen how it's done in TW3 and MGSV. Most reviews still seem to mention that Mad Max is a decent game in it's own right and has it's high points.

MGSV is more fun but I think I got a lot more from witcher. Amazing story, visuals, and exploration.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

just buy all 3 games 

witcher 3 10/10

msgV 9.5/10

mad max 8.5/10

this is my opinion 

$180?

just buy all 3 games 

witcher 3 10/10

msgV 9.5/10

mad max 8.5/10

this is my opinion 

The Witcher 3 has an outstanding story which even got me into the books, the world is amazing and diverse and the graphics are pretty. I was overwhelmed by all the side quests, monster and treasure hunts. I've spent more than 120 hours in it and it's one of the best games of the recent years for me. Can't comment a lot about MGS V, because I have played it for only 15 hours mostly doing side-ops, but the gameplay, story and graphics seem pretty solid. I haven't played Mad Max at all so I can't say anything about it. The Witcher 3 gets my vote and it's a must have if you care about games with good fantasy story, even if you aren't much into RPGs.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Can't comment on Mad Max, but I've put 100+hrs into both mgs and w3.

Witcher:

Good:

Graphics!

Story

Sidequests (seriously - some of these outshine almost anything in other games' main storylines)

World itself is amazingly crafted, worth a mention on its own

Bad:

Gameplay is average at best

Horse controls >_>

Lower difficulties are painfully easy.

Other notes:

1st xpac in a month's time!

MGS V:

Good:

Gameplay

Main story makes for a fun enough playthrough, if you can ignore the japanese tropes (looking at you quiet, and some of that odd dialogue in spots!)

Graphics are nice in spots and it's really well optimized

Bad:

Side missions are extremely repetitive

Some main missions are copy/paste of earlier ones in ch2, but with a "hardmode" twist.

Online is sort of forced on you whether you want it or not.

Witcher is better written and has more variety in the world, but mgs plays bettter.

Edit: Now that I'm off the phone!

The witcher is a superb game, truely but it is a bit samey samey constantly, but the dialog and story really draws you in, I mean really, Deus Ex HR really drew me in more than any other game and witcher 3 is above that

Play it on Death march only, other modes are too easy, combat is interesting, challenging and strategic on DM mode but its still not at DS level for some reason :( 

What does an Transformer get? Life insurance or car insurance? - Russell Howard - Standup (Made me giggle a bit)

Hands down witcher 3. If only I can replay that mission where in you were with lambert and eskel, that was the funniest thing on TW3 for me.

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB