How to get a job

IIILvLZeroIII

I'm 17 and never had a job but I kinda want one because I'm tired of my mom buying things for me and using it against (Shout out to the people who know what I'm talking about)

Just general advice I have a Resume already

A. She is meant to yell at you and provide for you....she if your mother after all. She has every right to yell at you for whatever reason...she carried you for assuming 9 months so....deal with it

B. FInd a place that is hiring, ask for the manager and give him/her your resume.

C. Depending on the place you may have to do an online application or submit your resume online.

D. A lot of places don't really hire people at the age 17 and below...usually they prefer to have 18 year olds

E. If you ever get asked for an interview, be confident, good eye contact and stay focused, don't over think it.

Find a place that is hiring.

Apply.

Wait.

Simple as that. The rest, the interview ect, come back when that happens.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

I would say being confident in yourself goes a long ways. I know from being in a supervisor position myself it drives me nuts when i have people under me that have no confidence and can't make even the smallest decision for themself. If you have terrible anxiety like i do then your first job maybe nerve racking but once I got use to it after a few weeks the anxiety went away.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Walk into a place you wanna work, doesn't matter where, and walk into the staff area and when questioned just say "Oh I work here now" But you gotta say it with confidence and unwavering voice,

Congrats you got a job.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1. Know your value (or in this case your lack of value as this is your first job). Don't expect to land the most brilliant job or get paid the highest of wages. 

2. Understand what your employer is looking for and can you meet their needs?

3. If you feel you are qualified to do the job, apply, and hopefully get a response back.

4. At the interview dress appropriately and be confident. Since you have already researched what your employer needs you should be able to answer any questions they throw at you.

5. Hopefully by the end of this you land the job.

Find a place that is hiring.

Apply.

Wait.

Simple as that. The rest, the interview ect, come back when that happens.

Apply.

Go back the next day and follow up.

Follow up every day until you either get hired, or they tell you they're not considering you.

Most managers don't want people who passively apply and wait for a phone call. They want someone who WANTS the job, and goes out and GETS it

Just send out loads of applications, although I find, that spamming doesn't yield good results and 10 properly written applications work far better than 100 quickly spammed ones. Custom tailor an application a bit to wherever you're applying. Once you land an interview the real challenge begins and here it's really important to just seem really attentive, speak confidently, know your strengths. The same stuff applies if you're applying in person as opposed to an internet application.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i