Should i overclock the GTX 980 Ti?

Hopsasa

i got the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ and im playing in 1440p should i overclock? I have never tried it before and im a little bit confused.

Why? even a GTX970 has enough power to run a lot of games at 1440p, 60fps

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

There's no reason to overclock if you are getting satisfying performance.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Why not? It's free performance. Watch a video guide if you're unsure, it's quite simple really.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

Why? even a GTX970 has enough power to run a lot of games at 1440p, 60fps

Yeah. Minecraft, CS:GO, LoL, and Solitaire.

OC can reduce the Cards Lifespan. Only OC when you need the extra Performance. No way you need extra Performance with a 980Ti yet.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

As soon as I my clients computers are running above stock, they are removed from my 10 year support.

GTA 5 lol

Yea apparently its not 1440p if all the settings aren't maxed out... lmao

But the settings were set to high with 2x mssa on

I'm talking about all games. I get that shit all the time that it doesn't count because its on high/medium 

Wait until it performs LESS than expected in games before you do.

Why bleed excess when you don't need to...?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

i got the EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC+ and im playing in 1440p should i overclock? I have never tried it before and im a little bit confused.

If you're reaching your monitor's refresh rate cap (presumably 60 Hz) in the games you are playing, then there would be quite literally no benefit to it. If it's a high refresh rate/Gsync monitor, then there would be a quantifiable benefit, though I question whether or not you'd actually need it. A 980 Ti performs very, very well at 1440p.

You're probably going to have this card for a few years, you could always save overclocking for another time if you aren't sure you even need to. It may start to make more sense to overclock once you're trying to play games in 2017 with this card rather than 2015.

If you're reaching your monitor's refresh rate cap (presumably 60 Hz) in the games you are playing, then there would be quite literally no benefit to it. If it's a high refresh rate/Gsync monitor, then there would be a quantifiable benefit, though I question whether or not you'd actually need it. A 980 Ti performs very, very well at 1440p.

You're probably going to have this card for a few years, you could always save overclocking for another time if you aren't sure you even need to. It may start to make more sense to overclock once you're trying to play games in 2017 with this card rather than 2015.

Ty