Windows 8 Crash (tcpip.sys)

L.E.D

I have been dealing with this for a while now and have not come up with a solution for this, After a given time, (Never know when it is going to happen) this computer will crash, giving me this error.

"driver_IRQl_not_less_or_equal (tcpip.sys)"

I have read and read, and even read some more on any website that I could have found to no avail... I can't really give any more info, besides the minidump, that will be below, 

==================================================
Dump File         : 081113-10359-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 8/11/2013 3:21:50 PM
Bug Check String  : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code    : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1       : 00000000`0000003c
Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4       : fffff880`01a73f45
Caused By Driver  : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+65f45
File Description  : TCP/IP Driver
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+5a440
Stack Address 1   : 
Stack Address 2   : 
Stack Address 3   : 
Computer Name     : 
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\081113-10359-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 9200
Dump File Size    : 262,144
Dump File Time    : 8/11/2013 3:22:20 PM
==================================================

Thanks

Nathan (L.E.D)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

TCPIP.sys is a part of Window's way of handeling TCP/IP's. Are you able to boot into safe mode? It migh be a third-party driver that is interfering with the Windows driver

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

TCPIP.sys is a part of Window's way of handeling TCP/IP's. Are you able to boot into safe mode? It migh be a third-party driver that is interfering with the Windows driver

No actually I can't seem to get into safe mode and it just crashed twice... Is there a special method to get into safe mode in Windows 8 now ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

No actually I can't seem to get into safe mode and it just crashed twice... Is there a special method to get into safe mode in Windows 8 now ?

You can't do the "spam click F8 trick" anymore. You need to go into msconfig and set it to boot into safe mode the next time you start. I advice you to make a desktop shortcut to msconfig since it's a pain to get to in safe mode

You can't do the "spam click F8 trick" anymore. You need to go into msconfig and set it to boot into safe mode the next time you start. I advice you to make a desktop shortcut to msconfig since it's a pain to get to in safe mode

Alright so I have gotten into safe mode, Now what was I supposed to do once I got here ? Just wait to see if it crashes, 

I don't know if it is normal but I had to manually connect the wireless, 

Alright so I have gotten into safe mode, Now what was I supposed to do once I got here ? Just wait to see if it crashes, 

I don't know if it is normal but I had to manually connect the wireless, 

Is the wireless onboard or on a expansion card? 

And yes. basically safe mode will tell you if it is a driver problem or a Windows problem.

Is the wireless onboard or on a expansion card? 

And yes. basically safe mode will tell you if it is a driver problem or a Windows problem.

First this should make it easier it is a laptop, Acer Aspire 5742Z-4649 

Onboard Wireless as well as Wired, but I only use the wireless as it is decent of wireless N

First this should make it easier it is a laptop, Acer Aspire 5742Z-4649 

Onboard Wireless as well as Wired, but I only use the wireless as it is decent of wireless N

Maybe try and update the driver for the wireless.. 

It could be a hardware (wireless or wired card) issue. If the hardware is not responding, Windows will think it's the driver, reload it, and if that fails.. well: BSOD. I mean Windows can't do anything. Yes, I agree, it would be nice to be able to resume system operation, but I am not Windows engineer, I am sure they are limitation on this, but it seams that Microsoft is working to improve this. The big improvement was in Vista, when drivers are no longer attached to the kernel, which required a small drop in performance, but results in the ability to restart drivers, and not BSOD on you all the time.

Maybe try and update the driver for the wireless.. 

"The best driver is already installed" 

Should I try to install the Acer driver if it is available ?

It could be a hardware (wireless or wired card) issue. If the hardware is not responding, Windows will think it's the driver, reload it, and if that fails.. well: BSOD. I mean Windows can't do anything. Yes, I agree, it would be nice to be able to resume system operation, but I am not Windows engineer, I am sure they are limitation on this, but it seams that Microsoft is working to improve this. The big improvement was in Vista, when drivers are no longer attached to the kernel, which required a small drop in performance, but results in the ability to restart drivers, and not BSOD on you all the time.

I would just like Windows to work, NO issues, I know that is a big thing to ask but this is a company worth billions and there is still issues ?

"The best driver is already installed" 

Should I try to install the Acer driver if it is available ?

Try and uninstall the driver (Download the driver first). Try and boot in to the regular Windows desktop and see if it crashes.

Try and uninstall the driver (Download the driver first). Try and boot in to the regular Windows desktop and see if it crashes.

Sorry, (Sleepy mind right now)

You want me to download the Acer driver, uninstall the Windows driver then reboot and see what happens from there ? 

Sorry, (Sleepy mind right now)

You want me to download the Acer driver, uninstall the Windows driver then reboot and see what happens from there ? 

Yes, download the Acer driver. Unistall the driver that is being used currently and then boot into the regular Windows desktop. If it crashes again it is not the wireless driver. If it doesn¨t crashes it is the driver.

Yes, download the Acer driver. Unistall the driver that is being used currently and then boot into the regular Windows desktop. If it crashes again it is not the wireless driver. If it doesn¨t crashes it is the driver.

Alright, I think I have installed the drivers off of the Acer website and I am now using them, I am not sure if it is going to crash or not, I have gone a few days with out it crashing before so if it does I will be sure to tell you, 

Alright, I think I have installed the drivers off of the Acer website and I am now using them, I am not sure if it is going to crash or not, I have gone a few days with out it crashing before so if it does I will be sure to tell you, 

I hope we will not talk about this again

I hope we will not talk about this again

lol, as do I, Thanks for your help if this is the end.

L.E.D, on 11 Aug 2013 - 4:00 PM, said:

I would just like Windows to work, NO issues, I know that is a big thing to ask but this is a company worth billions and there is still issues ?

Easier said then done, I am afraid. And OS is extremely complicated peaces of software. It manages all your hardware, drivers, programs, even fonts, and more... basically the interface is about 10% of an entire OS. When something on the back (your hardware) is not working, then it becomes very complicated to solve. The OS doesn't have a cushion it can land on, and be managed by something else. It needs to manage it's own errors and problems. They are a million and one things that can go wrong, and with the almost infinite possible computer configuration that Windows needs to support, it's no easy task. Even MacOS has trouble at times, and it has few models to work with.

And I am sure if you ask a Windows kernel engineer, you'll get something related like: "Yes we can do it, but it will kill performance of your hardware." It doesn't help that the consumer seek features, and don't care about background things (see Vista), And it doesn't help that people seek performance and low resources usage of the OS, over anything (see Vista). Yes yes, you can argue that optimization fixes everything. Agreed. But you can't optimize something that you don't have. And every optimization has drawbacks, then you have the question of how to optimize, what we want to optimize (memory usage or processing power, or performance we get.. we can't have it all (unless it's very poorly coded, but you can assume that's not the case). Then you have backward compatibility (see Windows 2000 and Vista). It's really complicated. There is a university course called OS, where it's pretty intensive course on Operating System, and it only covers an overview of what an OS is and how it works in general.

It's like going: It's about time we have a computer with 2 or more system buses, so that more than 1 thing can use the system RAM at the same time. This will create a massive performance increase to a point that's it's not funny, under heavy system load, such as gaming. But every engineer will tell how it's hyper complicated and facing many big challenges, including syncing, and how to order things so that the CPU doesn't memory information for something, while something else still uses it (another core of your CPU for the same program). Or graphic card accessing memory being modified or created by the CPU at the same time.

Sucks, but this is life. We will get there eventually, but not today.

Easier said then done, I am afraid. And OS is extremely complicated peaces of software. It manages all your hardware, drivers, programs, even fonts, and more... basically the interface is about 10% of an entire OS. When something on the back (your hardware) is not working, then it becomes very complicated to solve. The OS doesn't have a cushion it can land on, and be managed by something else. It needs to manage it's own errors and problems. They are a million and one things that can go wrong, and with the almost infinite possible computer configuration that Windows needs to support, it's no easy task. Even MacOS has trouble at times, and it has few models to work with.

And I am sure if you ask a Windows kernel engineer, you'll get something related like: "Yes we can do it, but it will kill performance of your hardware." It doesn't help that the consumer seek features, and don't care about background things (see Vista), And it doesn't help that people seek performance and low resources usage of the OS, over anything (see Vista). Yes yes, you can argue that optimization fixes everything. Agreed. But you can't optimize something that you don't have. And every optimization has drawbacks, then you have the question of how to optimize, what we want to optimize (memory usage or processing power, or performance we get.. we can't have it all (unless it's very poorly coded, but you can assume that's not the case). Then you have backward compatibility (see Windows 2000 and Vista). It's really complicated. There is a university course called OS, where it's pretty intensive course on Operating System, and it only covers an overview of what an OS is and how it works in general.

It's like going: It's about time we have a computer with 2 or more system buses, so that more than 1 thing can use the system RAM. This will create a massive performance increase to a point that's it's not funny, under heavy system load, such as gaming. But every engineer will tell how it's hyper complicated and facing many big challenges, including syncing, and how to order things so that the CPU doesn't memory information for something, while something else still uses it (another core of your CPU for the same program). Or graphic card accessing memory being modified or created by the CPU.

Sucks, but this is life. We will get there eventually, but not today.

Wow, Great reply, I didn't really think about it much but you certainly made it clear.