I had a single CPU in a dual capable one - I was able to pull in about 25K on it. With dual cpu, who knows....

Wow ... So how do I go about doing this ? lol

Also what CPU was it ?

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Wow ... So how do I go about doing this ? lol

Also what CPU was it ?

Install ubuntu, follow the guide over at [H]ard on adding in the customizations and scripts.

I don't remember exactly what CPU - an oledr Xeon, dual core...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Install ubuntu, follow the guide over at [H]ard on adding in the customizations and scripts.

I don't remember exactly what CPU - an oledr Xeon, dual core...

Do you have a link to where I can find those customizations and scripts, and my CPU's are single core ...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Do you have a link to where I can find those customizations and scripts, and my CPU's are single core ...

Single core eh? Oh darn.... then ya, you may be better off going GPU folding, but, getting the ubuntu up and running give you some good experience and also a good test.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Single core eh? Oh darn.... then ya, you may be better off going GPU folding, but, getting the ubuntu up and running give you some good experience and also a good test.

I can try to get Ubuntu up and running tonight, I don't know how well it will do and I don't know exactly what to do in that guide there is many "Options"

Thanks to Whaler_99 here is the guide: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601608

I can try to get Ubuntu up and running tonight, I don't know how well it will do and I don't know exactly what to do in that guide there is many "Options"

Thanks to Whaler_99 here is the guide: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1601608

Well, I guess I won't be doing this tonight... I forgot that I unpaused the GPU folding so.... I wait 1.33 days...

Well, I guess I won't be doing this tonight... I forgot that I unpaused the GPU folding so.... I wait 1.33 days...

lol :)

lol :)

I wish I had one of your folders I wouldn't be worried about this lol

Was wondering, would it be better running the folding in a VM using linux for smp folding another client in windows for gpu folding? 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Was wondering, would it be better running the folding in a VM using linux for smp folding another client in windows for gpu folding? 

Depends on that system config. Typically a multicore system, 16+, will do better folding SMP on ubuntu the as a VM within Windows. And then if also folding a GPU, that will draw resources away from the guest for the host to use. If you have less then 16 cores and want to GPU fold, then just folding CPU and GPU in Windows.

Remember, you don't a monster CPU for GPU folding. If you have a power CPU(s) then fold on it in ubuntu with SMP. Then get la cheapo PC, even say a P4 with a gen one PCIe slot, and fold with the GPU and don't even fold on the CPU. :)

But, lay out the system stats and I can make a recommendation...

Depends on that system config. Typically a multicore system, 16+, will do better folding SMP on ubuntu the as a VM within Windows. And then if also folding a GPU, that will draw resources away from the guest for the host to use. If you have less then 16 cores and want to GPU fold, then just folding CPU and GPU in Windows.

Remember, you don't a monster CPU for GPU folding. If you have a power CPU(s) then fold on it in ubuntu with SMP. Then get la cheapo PC, even say a P4 with a gen one PCIe slot, and fold with the GPU and don't even fold on the CPU. :)

But, lay out the system stats and I can make a recommendation...

Well its my normal pc, 4770k at 4.2GHz and a 680 nothing too good! Ill just fold in windows for now ( until i have money to buy some sweet 4P systems and all)

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Well its my normal pc, 4770k at 4.2GHz and a 680 nothing too good! Ill just fold in windows for now ( until i have money to buy some sweet 4P systems and all)

Yes, folding in Windows with a CPU and GPU slot would be your best bet for max PPD.

Just leave that CPU:7 and you should be fine to do most day-to-day while you CPU fold. Just remember, get a good cooler. :)

Yes, folding in Windows with a CPU and GPU slot would be your best bet for max PPD.

Just leave that CPU:7 and you should be fine to do most day-to-day while you CPU fold. Just remember, get a good cooler. :)

I set it to CPU:6 because then it can actually play fallout new vegas at 60FPS and fold at the same time, and yeah got an H80, temps never really pass 66C which im happy about