Hello, just something i saw and maybe you guys had some knowledge on.

Is there a new core17? Cause my 680 is getting some insane 160K PPD ( usually its 96kPPD) and ETA of 2.3hours and usually its 7 hours.

I wish all the WU i got were this PPD blessed :D 

jiheguL.png

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Z3lYdfr.png

No idea if it is, but it's definitely a nice one :)

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

It was a nice jump from before, too bad I can't fold all the time.... avg about 8k PPD ... :(

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

It was a nice jump from before, too bad I can't fold all the time.... avg about 8k PPD ... :(

I dont fold all the time, i usually just do it when im not gaming! and 8k PPD is good! anything more than 0 is awesome

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

I dont fold all the time, i usually just do it when im not gaming! and 8k PPD is good! anything more than 0 is awesome

True, it better then nothing, I have a Pentium 4 ALWAYS folding, it slowly keeps me in the game...

Whoop. I can fold and gaming at the same time.

I wish I could, my PC only has 1 PCIe slot :'(

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

True, it better then nothing, I have a Pentium 4 ALWAYS folding, it slowly keeps me in the game...

I wish I could, my PC only has 1 PCIe slot :'(

Win for the P4 :) I should get my mom's old P4 rolling out some points.

I know the feeling about the 1 PCIe slot.

\

Win for the P4 :) I should get my mom's old P4 rolling out some points.

I know the feeling about the 1 PCIe slot.

The P4 is literally zip tied to an old side panel with the PSU and HDD, actually the motherboard is screwed in but the rest is zip tied onto this old side panel that was from a case that was thrown out.. 

If only PCIe GPU's would work in PCIX slots, I have 4 PCIX slots lol, (Dell Precision 670)

The P4 is literally zip tied to an old side panel with the PSU and HDD, actually the motherboard is screwed in but the rest is zip tied onto this old side panel that was from a case that was thrown out.. 

If only PCIe GPU's would work in PCIX slots, I have 4 PCIX slots lol, (Dell Precision 670)

haha I have a dual Xeon Server with 3 PCI-X Slots but you can't fold on them XD

\

I wish I could get rid of this monster, it makes too much heat, if you want another dual xeon server you can have this one for three easy payments of $700 just pay shipping and handling 

You could just do SMP folding :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

You could just do SMP folding :)

You'll have to fill me in on what SMP folding is, If it is just CPU, I didn't want to do this because I still use the PC from time to time and it already heats up my basement just GPU folding ...

You'll have to fill me in on what SMP folding is, If it is just CPU, I didn't want to do this because I still use the PC from time to time and it already heats up my basement just GPU folding ...

Yes, SMP is what is called the older v6 client that still runs on Linux and Ubuntu. As for folding on a Dual Xeon system with GPU's and heat - most likely the GPU's cranking out heat. If you know how to image and restore, or have extra hard drives to swap, might be interesting to pull out all the GPU's, load up Ubuntu and see what numbers you get on straight SMP folding....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

This is going to be completely out of topic, but in the OP and the post below, how did you get the "Folding Power" slider? I have my FAHControl Client Control on expert view. 

Yes, SMP is what is called the older v6 client that still runs on Linux and Ubuntu. As for folding on a Dual Xeon system with GPU's and heat - most likely the GPU's cranking out heat. If you know how to image and restore, or have extra hard drives to swap, might be interesting to pull out all the GPU's, load up Ubuntu and see what numbers you get on straight SMP folding....

So you are saying that if I manage to get this to run on Ubuntu it will use only the CPU's my only concern is the mass amount of heat that doing this will generate...

This is going to be completely out of topic, but in the OP and the post below, how did you get the "Folding Power" slider? I have my FAHControl Client Control on expert view. 

Sorry for double post, I forgot to add this one.

Are you running the latest client ? I think it was implemented in a newer version, Don't quote me on that though...

It beleive was introduced in the v7 client. What version are you running?

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

Oh no I'm not >.< I'm using a client from January. I guess I'll get the latest client, thanks! 

Added the beta flag to my 550ti, only got a 1-2k ppd improvement. But hey, free points :D

~Judah

So you are saying that if I manage to get this to run on Ubuntu it will use only the CPU's my only concern is the mass amount of heat that doing this will generate...

Won't know until you test it - may be equal or even a little less then your GPU's, or may give aweful PPD. Just a thought. :)  I did a lot testing on server based systems folding to get the max PPD - but none of my servers ever used GPU's as well..

Won't know until you test it - may be equal or even a little less then your GPU's, or may give aweful PPD. Just a thought. :)  I did a lot testing on server based systems folding to get the max PPD - but none of my servers ever used GPU's as well..

I only have a GPU in this computer because I use it for my gaming/editing/anything rig it is my main, I recently got this laptop to use so I threw my computer into full folding on the GPU, I took out the slot for the CPU because it was making a lot of heat, What PPD did you get on your dual 604 xeon board ?

I only have a GPU in this computer because I use it for my gaming/editing/anything rig it is my main, I recently got this laptop to use so I threw my computer into full folding on the GPU, I took out the slot for the CPU because it was making a lot of heat, What PPD did you get on your dual 604 xeon board ?

I had a single CPU in a dual capable one - I was able to pull in about 25K on it. With dual cpu, who knows....