Convince parents

Flight1sim

I'm trying to sell some stuff to buy a Canon 7D mark II, but unfortunately I would have to sell my current T5i too. I bought the T5i less than a year ago, so this is where it gets sticky.

What my dad will probably say:
T5i is plenty for the photo's you take 

(sample photos:) 

https://flic.kr/ps/2YPQmE

My dad doesn't understand how a better camera can effect your photos etc

So my position is:

I'll be taking a lot of sports pictures when I join the yearbook club at school, T5i simply can't do pictures fast enough to get in the action or something (pure bs btw)
My main reason why I want the 7D is because I really hate the T5i noise performance, and also hate how slow the burst mode is

So in the end, after selling all my stuff i'll have about $1000, hopefully that means my dad would have to help me with $200 (xmas?)

How do I convince my dad that the 7Dmk2 is an amazing upgrade from the T5i?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

save up the $200 and you wont have to convince

My parents are the type to stop me from selling my T5i, which is my main concern. Hard to explain why, but that's the way they are

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Just break your current camera, after that they would HAVE to give a new camera right?

/s

Just show them what your current camera cannot do.. Or.. Hear me out.

Get your dad into photography and when he is enthusiastic about it, say that you can give your current camera (T5i?) if he helps you finance the new camera (7DMK2?)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

My parents are the type to stop me from selling my T5i, which is my main concern. Hard to explain why, but that's the way they are

Do it without telling them. chances are they wont notice until its too late.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Explain to them what you just explained to us.

If they know about cameras they would see the reason why you are upgrading, and if they don't understand how cameras work who are they to say no?

Or you could tell them that they can't decide what you can and can't sell, as long as you only sell your own things.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

or you could tell them that they can't decide what you can and can't sell, as long as you only sell your own things.

this is a bad move do not do this. 99% of the time will elicit bad reaction.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Just break your current camera, after that they would HAVE to give a new camera right?

/s

Just show them what your current camera cannot do.. Or.. Hear me out.

Get your dad into photography and when he is enthusiastic about it, say that you can give your current camera (T5i?) if he helps you finance the new camera (7DMK2?)

My dad would say "we can use the same camera"

He used to be into photography, but he's the type that buys stupid guides and reads for hours instead of actually shooting

this is a bad move do not do this. 99% of the time will elicit bad reaction.

Who are your parents and what kind of totalitarian movement do they belong to?

It's not like I would want the OP to just go "It's my shit and I can sell it if I want to". You have to tactful about it.

I would want him to explain why he should be allowed to freely sell and purchase everything he wants, as long as it's legal of course.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Are you trying to get this kid killed?

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

It's not like I would want the OP to just go "It's my shit and I can sell it if I want to". You have to tactful about it.

I would want him to explain why he should be allowed to freely sell and purchase everything he wants, as long as it's legal of course.

the normal kind

they do let me buy and sell as I wish though

I'd get in a LOT of trouble...

Explain to them what you just explained to us.

If they know about cameras they would see the reason why you are upgrading, and if they don't understand how cameras work who are they to say no?

Or you could tell them that they can't decide what you can and can't sell, as long as you only sell your own things.

I had enough trouble convincing my dad to let my buy a T5i last december, bascially I have to show my dad AMAZING pictures and tell him how a better camera would improve it, but then he'd say "you take good enough pictures on this cam"

I'd get in a LOT of trouble...

did not realize he bought it for you... that complicates things..

The laptops im selling are from my dad's work, but their code things expired in 2012 so it now belongs to us, but I've been sorta keeping it, my dad won't really care

And i'm selling my moms old phones too, so it's not really my shit, it's just shit from the house that nobody uses

did not realize he bought it for you... that complicates things..

He paid partially, it was a late bday/xmas gift and he put like $300 into it, which is why it gets stick af.

He paid partially, it was a late bday/xmas gift and he put like $300 into it, which is why it gets stick af.

well save up the money then make the argument

well save up the money then make the argument

That last $200 will prob be okay with my dad, but then again there's my mom with "you JUST bought a very $$$$ camera, wai u need another?"

She frankly won't understand. 

I need to find a REALLY REALLY good reason, and I think shooting sports at my school might help

I don't know how to convince your dad because I think it's a bad idea to upgrade the body instead of lenses.

I don't know how to convince your dad because I think it's a bad idea to upgrade the body instead of lenses.

Lol same but i really dislike my specific 700D, for some reason it never seems sharp enough compared to a T5 i once used. Also I really hate how fast the buffer fills with raw, it's really annoying

Get better grades, make a promise that you'll get better grades and buy this camera for me. That's how my 6600K+390X plan is working out.

Or just buy a D7200 or some Nikon camera

Get better grades, make a promise that you'll get better grades and buy this camera for me. That's how my 6600K+390X plan is working out.

Or just buy a D7200 or some Nikon camera

U funny

U talking about it in steam chat right now.....

TRYING TO GET THE THREAD ON FRONT PAGE, SHADDAP

Lol same but i really dislike my specific 700D, for some reason it never seems sharp enough compared to a T5 i once used. Also I really hate how fast the buffer fills with raw, it's really annoying

Did you test the auto focus?

http://regex.info/blog/photo-tech/focus-chart

Is the high ISO noise reduction turned off?

I'm trying to sell some stuff to buy a Canon 7D mark II, but unfortunately I would have to sell my current T5i too. I bought the T5i less than a year ago, so this is where it gets sticky.

What my dad will probably say:

T5i is plenty for the photo's you take 

(sample photos:) p

https://flic.kr/ps/2YPQmE

My dad doesn't understand how a better camera can effect your photos etc

So my position is:

I'll be taking a lot of sports pictures when I join the yearbook club at school, T5i simply can't do pictures fast enough to get in the action or something (pure bs btw)

My main reason why I want the 7D is because I really hate the T5i noise performance, and also hate how slow the burst mode is

So in the end, after selling all my stuff i'll have about $1000, hopefully that means my dad would have to help me with $200 (xmas?)

How do I convince my dad that the 7Dmk2 is an amazing upgrade from the T5i?

I know you aren't going to like me but your dad has a point, you may get a new camera and have issues with it again and then want to sell it, no offense but its a waste of money I would say take what you have and learn to enjoy what you have because there will always be something about your equipment that you're not happy with, their are few things that are perfect

AndvI say this because i m not completely happy with my laptop ( a think pad yoga) but it works fine and there is no reason toreplace it now so instead I got a thinkpad x140e so I have s machine that I can use for my hardware and networking class

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |