Quebec.

BumbleButt

The foreign country remark absolutely belongs in this topic. Your argument is that Canada is a country that with English as the dominate language. However, English is the dominate language in the world, that doesn't mean I would go to a foreign country and automatically expect them to speak English to me.

As for Un-Canadian, its a word I most likely just invented... kind of like unsportsmanlike - The point is, and its exactly what everybody here is saying, If your not willing to make an effort at all, then don't expect people in Quebec to make an effort for you.

The thing is that Quebec isn't a country. It's Canada. Now if they want to separate from Canada and become their own country, then go ahead, then I'd understand what you're saying. But for now, they're part of Canada, and in Canada, English is also one of the official languages, and also the dominant language. 

Didn't you think for a second, that maybe the person to whom you spoke, isn't confidant in their Spoken English? Not because you can understand it well, that it means you can speak it well. I sure as hell can't speak a word of English, even though I can understand it just fine.

But you're typing in English right now. I'm assuming that you can't pronounce the words properly. 

-snip-

Oh, and they basically are doing exactly what you described. They go to places like Ontario and expect them to speak French. That's why you see French and English signs, and why we have to learn French until grade 10. 

Oh, and they basically are doing exactly what you described. They go to places like Ontario and expect them to speak French. That's why you see French and English signs, and why we have to learn French until grade 10. 

And we have to keep learning English until we're out of high school.. so yeah, it goes both ways.

And like I said previously, I believe that's mostly the old generation. The kind above 30 that didn't get a proper education. Most of the younger generation, unless they were raised by xenophobic a-holes of parents that votes for the PQ(even I, a french Canadian born in Quebec, wouldn't vote for those idiots), should at least attempt to speak in English when outside of Quebec. Unless they never gave any attention in English class. (Like so many English Canadians do with their French class)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Mhm native Quebec citizen here, I think we should just all speak english.

Language is made to communicate, and it would be nice to all be able to understand each other i.e. speak the same language.

Unfortunately that's not the case and most people believe language = culture. gotta deal with it.

Hardware: 4790k @ 4.6 GHz w/ H100i - MSI GTX 970 - Define R5 - MSI Z97 PC Mate - 840 EVO - G.Skill 2x4 GB

Peripherals: G402 - ATH-AD700x - Asus VG248QE 144 hz

Mhm native Quebec citizen here, I think we should just all speak english.

Language is made to communicate, and it would be nice to all be able to understand each other i.e. speak the same language.

Unfortunately that's not the case and most people believe language = culture. gotta deal with it.

I disagree, however, I did find myself being somewhat annoyed that there was never really an English secondary translation on road signs. Here in Toronto, when I go on the 401 west, next to it there's a Ouest. Or east being Est. While I did know how to read the signs when I was in Quebec, I couldn't help but notice the lack of secondary English translation.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”