If I was 3d modeling,rendering,3d printing and game designing would a Xeon or i7 be better?

i7 = more expensive, overclockable (if you have a k sku), higher clocked

Xeon = cheaper, locked multiplier.

Xeon masterrace - you can get an 8-core 16-thread Xeon for the price of a 5820K

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Hi guys and girls please drop a comment down below.

Plus one to the Xeon. All them cores and threads gonna help out :)

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

i would say get a i7 with a better GPU rather then a Extreme or a Xeon. if you use something like blender for 3d modeling/rendering your GPU is faster then CPU and for game designing you don't really need a high end CPU just like most games today unless you plan to use your own engine most of them are GPU based anyways like Unity3d and Unreal.

(I use unity3D for game designing and blender for modding)

Needs Update

It depends on what Xeon or i7

If you're looking on a budget option then go with the Xeon E3 series

If you're playing CPU intensive games and rendering then go for an i7 K series CPU

If you have lots of money go for the Xeon E5 (DemCores)

I would go with Xeon E3 or E5 (if you have the $$$)

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง