i think the cpu is dead

the machine used to work, ended up having to take it out of the case and unplug everything due to case and hardware changes. hooked it up outside the case. plugged in cpu power board power etc. put the h60 back on with new thermal paste. booted it up and the machine only boots for a few sec then shuts off. no beeps

i have cleared cmos taking battery out etc.

boot with 1 ram slot filled

never needed to reseat cpu since i never messed with that and it has worked before, only messed with cooler

hooked up power and reset switch but i can only turn it on via reset switch

drives, psu, and card all boot up but no signal even though i know the card is working due to plugging in a monitor it realizes a signal but no video

cpu is not overheating or at least from what i can tell 

components:

ga x79 up4 mobo

gtx 680 gfx card, titan x arrives tomorrow

h60 water cooling loop

corsair vengeance ram 2133mhz

1000w modular psu

Why'd you get a TitanX? Non the less have you tried resetting CMOS?

EDIT-- Didn't see the first part...

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Connect monitor to mobo and try boot with no gpu

this board doesn't have that..... NOT a igpu 

Bummer, have you tryed the ram in EVERY slot, not just one of them?

Bummer, have you tryed the ram in EVERY slot, not just one of them?

yes

Try different psu if you can. What is the new hardware that you added?

Edit: also take out the GPU and turn on computer, don't worry about display, or even plunging it in just let the thing run without the GPU and see if it shuts down like before.

Try different psu if you can. What is the new hardware that you added?

Edit: also take out the GPU and turn on computer, don't worry about display, or even plunging it in just let the thing run without the GPU and see if it shuts down like before.

i took the new hw out so it really won't matter its still not working. i tried the no gpu option just for shits and giggles before, still same issue starts up for few seconds then shuts off and turns back on and just keep doing it till after like 5 times or so and then quits

I would say try different PSU as I have seen this issue before in computers with faulty PSU.

I would say try different PSU as I have seen this issue before in computers with faulty PSU.

i dont have another one i can test with, if the psu is providing power to everything okay and keyboard monitor and fans all light up etc, then the only thing left i can think of is the cpu is dead. and if i have to buy a new 3930k i might as well get a 5930k and a new mobs since the dam thing is 650 dollars still...

Yes the keyboard and mouse etc could light up and work due to low power draw, when the GPU and CPU being to take in more power it could cause the PSU to act up, I've had a faulty PSU that I could get into windows with, browse YouTube bit as soon as I played a game or did anything like that the PC would crash, the PSU did this on different machines as well but after a new PSU was in place everything was normal.

Have you got a warranty on your PSU or CPU? Could you easily sent it to the supplier for them to check?

Yes the keyboard and mouse etc could light up and work due to low power draw, when the GPU and CPU being to take in more power it could cause the PSU to act up, I've had a faulty PSU that I could get into windows with, browse YouTube bit as soon as I played a game or did anything like that the PC would crash, the PSU did this on different machines as well but after a new PSU was in place everything was normal.

Have you got a warranty on your PSU or CPU? Could you easily sent it to the supplier for them to check?

eh at this rate i might as well buy a new one, the thing is, all this worked like less than 2 days ago, the moment i had to take it out of the case and then get it ready for the new case gfx card and ram and water cooling it stopped working and i hadn't even got the new parts on yet, all i did during that time was clean off the old paste and then put new on. 

no warranty on psu at this point. so ill just pick up a corsair 1200 watt

Make sure its good, did you by any chance short anything? Did you wear an antistatic wristband? If you did short some then that could be the cause, not much you could do about that tho.

Make sure its good, did you by any chance short anything? Did you wear an antistatic wristband? If you did short some then that could be the cause, not much you could do about that tho.

i grounded myself, i dont think i shorted anything, i imagine if i did then it would be ruined. as much new parts I have on the way replacing, the only new parts i didn't buy were a cpu and mobo since 3930k was and is still a good cpu, but it may be a.."u already spent so much with the new parts why not just get a full new build" such a shame too since what a killer this thing was.

Yeah sorry about that mate, some else might have an idea but I don't, been though all possible things I know.

Yeah sorry about that mate, some else might have an idea but I don't, been though all possible things I know.

its fine i trashed the POS, as much as i already spent i said screw this and ordered the 5960x and the asus x99 e ws board. now i need to pick up 128gb of corsair dominator platinum when it comes back in stock. this time I'm going to wear double static bands, if something goes wrong again then thats a calling