Should I swap my Gigabyte r9 390?

Lockdown

So I built my first rig 3 weeks ago and I decided to buy the Gigabyte r9 390. The one thing I've noticed since I've had it is how bloody loud this card is under load. Once the fan speed gets upwards of 60% or higher it sounds like a bloody leaf blower. The audio clips/youtube clips I've seen so far online honestly sound very similar to my card but the retailer I bought it from said from my description that it is defective and I can return it.

My question is this - Is it worth returning my Gigabyte r9 390 for a MSI or Sapphire model? I've heard good things about the MSI and the Sapphire but I'm not sure how much quieter they would actually run. The Gigabyte performs fine it's just completely unsettling when it's temps get cranked and the fans start hissing. I'm really not sure how much of a difference in cooling/sound levels there will be with an alternate brand of 390. I'm just trying to decide if it's just AMD cards being loud as hell and I am just sensitive to it or if something is indeed wrong with my card. 

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you. 

Should of got the Sapphire Nitro easily the best vendor on AMD cards(except for overclocking)

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Gigabyte's 390/x are pretty bad. If you want more silence then definitely the msi or sapphire models.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Hmm interesting. Lots of Sapphire advocates here. So I guess it's definitely worth it to swap it out then?

Is there any good comparisons for the MSI vs the Sapphire? Pros/Cons?

From my research so far there seems to be way more people on the MSI bandwagon but Sapphire has a lot of respect also.

Any other opinions before I go ahead and get a Sapphire then? :P

Any other opinions before I go ahead and get a Sapphire then? :P

Sapphire is an excellent brand, and certainly had been the top AMD card vendor in the past. MSI invested write a bit of effort into their 300 series cards and the Frozr cooler is competitive with the sapphire nitro. Either one will be a better option than Gigabyte's cooler.

Cinders: - i7 4790K (4.5GHz) - Gigabyte Z97X-SOC - 16GB Klevv DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX2.0+ (1548MHz Boost) - EVGA Supernova 850GS - NZXT H440 Orange/Black (Modified) -
Unnamed System: i5 4690K (4.2GHz) - MSI Z97I-AC - 8GB G.Skill DDR3 2400MHz - EVGA GTX 950 SSC - Raidmax Thunder V2 535W - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Hmm interesting. Lots of Sapphire advocates here. So I guess it's definitely worth it to swap it out then?

Is there any good comparisons for the MSI vs the Sapphire? Pros/Cons?

From my research so far there seems to be way more people on the MSI bandwagon but Sapphire has a lot of respect also.

Msi cards overclock better, so if you like overclocking, you have that.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Sapphire is an excellent brand, and certainly had been the top AMD card vendor in the past. MSI invested write a bit of effort into their 300 series cards and the Frozr cooler is competitive with the sapphire nitro. Either one will be a better option than Gigabyte's cooler.

Fair enough. Thanks for the reply. 

Msi cards overclock better, so if you like overclocking, you have that.

I honestly don't know anything about overclocking so I don't think I will be. Doesn't that entail having a CPU cooler installed?

I honestly don't know anything about overclocking so I don't think I will be. Doesn't that entail having a CPU cooler installed?

If you're saying that you don't have a cpu cooler installed, then you should probably have one not only for overclocking. 

Be wary, the nitro card uses 8pin + 8pin while the msi card uses 6 + 8.

(The Sapphire video has a little more back ground noise, it isn't actually this loud) (The Msi 390x uses the same fans)

Both the cards have around the same noise level with the msi just being a notch quieter because of the 2 fan setup instead of 3.     

If you're saying that you don't have a cpu cooler installed, then you should probably have one not only for overclocking. 

Be wary, the nitro card uses 8pin + 8pin while the msi card uses 6 + 8.

(The Sapphire video has a little more back ground noise, it isn't actually this loud) (The Msi 390x uses the same fans)

Both the cards have around the same noise level with the msi just being a notch quieter because of the 2 fan setup instead of 3.     

Well I have the stock CPU cooler. You would suggest getting an extra CPU cooler regardless of if I'm not OCing?

I'm quite sure my PSU has 8+8 and it would be fine. Those videos are interesting, the Sapphire actually sounds much louder.. Hmm

Well I have the stock CPU cooler. You would suggest getting an extra CPU cooler regardless of if I'm not OCing?

I'm quite sure my PSU has 8+8 and it would be fine. Those videos are interesting, the Sapphire actually sounds much louder.. Hmm

Oh no, then you don't need to. 

The sapphire card is just a little louder. In the real world.   

Oh no, then you don't need to. 

The sapphire card is just a little louder. In the real world.   

Alright well I will be making my decision soon I'll post here which one I am going to get.

Thanks!

Alright guys so I RMA'd my Gigabyte and swapped it for an MSI R9 390

So far it's AMAZINGLY quieter. I'm really not sure if the Gigabyte I had was defective or if they all sound like that but holy cow the fans on the MSI sound 10x more pleasant. That bloody Gigabyte sounded like a leaf blower. Was very close to getting a Sapphire but in the end I decided on the MSI and I am happy with my choice.