Stuck in a pickle!

JxStaalx11

Ok. So I wanna buy a new card. I know I wanna get a 980 ti. But I'm not sure which one. I do plan on water cooling it. The reference ones always seemed to be sold out. Or on one site it's like $1000 and I'm not paying that for the reference when it's on Amazon at. $669. I do not want a MSI one. Not a fan of MSI.

EVGA ACX2.0. Nearly the same price as reference. Don't get the overclocked ones, they charge more. Haha

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Ok. So I wanna buy a new card. I know I wanna get a 980 ti. But I'm not sure which one. I do plan on water cooling it. The reference ones always seemed to be sold out. Or on one site it's like $1000 and I'm not paying that for the reference when it's on Amazon at. $669. I do not want a MSI one. Not a fan of MSI.

i think PNY has a hybrid 980ti linus has a video on it

There are several with aftermarket coolers but reference boards such as the EVGA ACX 2.0.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

You can get any card as long as it has a reference pcb.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

ROG Poseidon?

Also, I'll share my stupid low-tech trick.

Use the EKWB configurator to pick any GPU with reference design, get the product code for a block you like and find the product page for it. It'll have a compatibility list you can use to find all the cards that accept that block. Many cards have reference board even if they have a custom cooler. Here's an example list. Before purchasing, find a trustworthy forum post that'll verify the compatibility since EKWB mainly relies on visual verification only.

So if I go get the classified 980 ti i can get a water block later?