Graphics card compatibility.

Konn1nn

So i was wondering if i can get a very good and expensive graphics card and get another that is like a medium card and not so expensive and use the powerful graphics card for gaming middle screen and the lower power card for the other two side monitors or do i have to get two graphics card that are the same to work. No i wont use sli because i know that wont work.

So i was wondering if i can get a very good and expensive graphics card and get another that is like a medium card and not so expensive and use the powerful graphics card for gaming middle screen and the lower power card for the other two side monitors or do i have to get two graphics card that are the same to work. No i wont use sli because i know that wont work.

No and "I won't use SLI because it won't work?" haha..

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Practically not doable. Youd need to do some serious driver modding and diying to make it work two different gpus together at all

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

Care to explain why don't you want SLI? And the closest thing to what you describe is a motherboard with Virtu MVP and a CPU with a built in graphics processor, which doesn't do what you're asking.

Error: 410

Just use a dedicated gpu for the center display and integrated graphics for the 2 auxiliary ones.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just use a dedicated gpu for the center display and integrated graphics for the 2 auxiliary ones.

How would one go about configuring that? I've never heard of such a thing.

How would one go about configuring that? I've never heard of such a thing.

Go into the bios and enable IGD Multi monitor.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Go into the bios and enable IGD Multi monitor.

Then I guess it's doable if OP has integrated option available and a board that supports it.

@Konn1nn you'll have to look up your board to see if it has this feature. It appears that "IGD Multi monitor" goes by different names depending on your board.