HP ProLiant ML350 Gen5 RAID 1 Hotswap?

I got a HP ProLiant ML350 Gen5 Server from someone that didn't use it anymore a while back.

What I wanted to ask is if I could hotswap one of my drives with any other drive. What im trying to say is that I don't have a seperate HDD from HP for it. I have 2 In the server right now configured in RAID 1.

As one of them is starting to fail I wanted to take the other one out and hot swap it with another drive (Not the same model) such as this one: 

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/hp-652564-b21-harddisk-25-10000rpm-300gb-server-festplatte-305341

If I hotswap it, will I have a problem with compatibility (Because it's a different drive not the ones I have in there right now)?

And will I have to reboot or can I do this while the PC is running?

Thanks a ton for the replies here are the specs:

Ram: 3GB DDR2 PC2-5200F

Array Controller: Smart Array E200i (With 2x 146GB HDD's Running in RAID 1)

CPU: Intel Xeon 5130 @ 2.00Ghz

Let me know if you need more :)

• 3 months later...

if you buy that 300 GB HDD,  you will only be able to use 146 GB of it if the drives are in RAID 1. (you can only use the size of the smallest drive in RAID 1)

As far as hot swapping goes -  HP SmartArray controllers WILL allow for hot swapping of drives. simply take out the failing drive, wait a minute or so, then put the new drive in.

let me know if you have anymore questions

ps: what do you plan to use this for?

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all