Water or Air cooling

Hey guys, so I'm building an matx build in the corsair air 240, and I'm wondering if I should go aio or with an air cooler.
Please say why and your personal opinions aswell as if you can, link me some good ones :)

I will be running the i5-6600K with the asus rog gene (matx) mobo, and as stated before the Cors(air) 240 case (see what I did there?)

Hey guys, so I'm building an matx build in the corsair air 240, and I'm wondering if I should go aio or with an air cooler.

Please say why and your personal opinions aswell as if you can, link me some good ones :)

I will be running the i5-6600K with the asus rog gene (matx) mobo, and as stated before the Cors(air) 240 case (see what I did there?)

Custom loop.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

Custom loop.

Not even thinkable atm, how much I now would like to have it, I do not have the funds for it, that's why I would like to know any good aio or air cooling solutions.

Dark Rock Pro 3?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Could always get one of the EK Predator AIO (when they are available) and expand that into a gpu block later, maybe even another rad.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Not even thinkable atm, how much I now would like to have it, I do not have the funds for it, that's why I would like to know any good aio or air cooling solutions.

Go big or go home, just stick to air as it will give you less problems until you can join us on the cool side.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Could always get one of the EK Predator AIO (when they are available) and expand that into a gpu block later, maybe even another rad.

Just looked it up and am curious if that massive thing even would fit :/

Go big or go home, just stick to air as it will give you less problems until you can join us on the cool side.

Can you recommend a good air cooler that wouldn't look like a massive dump thru the window and still will be easily transportable (since I go to a lot of LANs and have divorced parents) and can handle an ok oc

Can you recommend a good air cooler that wouldn't look like a massive dump thru the window and still will be easily transportable (since I go to a lot of LANs and have divorced parents) and can handle an ok oc

212 evo pretty small and good

Don't expect to get high OC's though

212 evo pretty small and good

Don't expect to get high OC's though

Kinda want something beefier as I would like to run the cpu at atleast 4.3 16/7 (hours a day)

get a aio then. wont hurt to get one

Will hurt the wallet, but if so which one? I'm thinking either a 240 or 120 because that's the only sizes that fit in the air 240

Eye is in the beauty of the beholder, I like the Phanteks PH14 dual tower air cooler with 140mm fans that are pretty quiet. Double check the height restriction of the case and the height of the cooler.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

An unlocked processor on an ROG series mobo leads me to believe you'll be overclocking, and in that case you should typically go for an AiO with a nice beefy radiator so you can get the best possible temps and therefore the best possible clocks. This extra headroom also helps keep the system quiet as the cooler doesn't need to spin the fans up to higher RPMs just to keep up with the heat output.

If you aren't planning on pushing the chip very hard or at all, the decision really just comes down to aesthetics and personal preference. You certainly don't NEED to spend the extra money, since you can get some very capable air coolers for under $30 these days.

look to corsair for aio. look to cooler master for fan cooling (hyper 212 or v8) have fun!

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

An unlocked processor on an ROG series mobo leads me to believe you'll be overclocking, and in that case you should typically go for an AiO with a nice beefy radiator so you can get the best possible temps and therefore the best possible clocks. This extra headroom also helps keep the system quiet as the cooler doesn't need to spin the fans up to higher RPMs just to keep up with the heat output.

If you aren't planning on pushing the chip very hard or at all, the decision really just comes down to aesthetics and personal preference. You certainly don't NEED to spend the extra money, since you can get some very capable air coolers for under $30 these days.

Been thinking about the corsair h801 (gt thingy version), is it any good? thinking of not getting the h100i since I might need the second fan intake to cool the 390 is a powerhouse.

look to corsair for aio. look to cooler master for fan cooling (hyper 212 or v8) have fun!

Max. space for ac is 120mm... so a bit cramped, know any good "flat" ones?