Motherboard H97 Overclocking

Okay, so I've tried looking it up online, but I cannot find a direct answer. Some people say yes, some people say no, most results are from a year ago.

I bought this Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130787 The MSI Gaming 3 H97, thinking I was buying the Gaming 3 Z97. I done goofed. 

I'm getting the i5-4690k, and I was hoping to overclock to at least 4.0 or 4.2 with the CM Hyper 212 Evo on it. Is it possible to do, can someone tell me from experience? Or should/can I simply return in, and then buy a Z97 board instead? I'd rather not have to go through the process of returning it, but if it means I get a reliable overclock, I will do it

Thanks in advance

IIRC you cannot overclock with a H97 board at all unless it's a Pentium G3258.. Apparently some do with BIOS updates

Returning it may be your best idea, also 4.0 won't make the slightest difference.

It's motherboard dependent. Basically you need a bios that essentially cheats the firmware into getting it to do something it's specifically not supposed to do. It's up in the air as this feature is intentionally disabled on the h97 chipset, and as I said, basically requires a bios hack to work. Some motherboards actually DO have this "bios hack," but it's motherboard dependent and most don't. I'd return the board if possible.