What size sleeving?

fletch to 99

I was looking to individually sleeve my psu cables. This will be my first time attempting this and I was wondering what size of sleeving to buy? Would 3mm be thick enough? I want to sleeve my 24 pin and my molex and my 6pin gpu cables.

I was specifically looking at this sleeving here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Braided-Cable-Sleeving-Black-5M-x-3mm-High-Density-16-4-ft-x-5-64-/271206917566?pt=Computer_Case_Mods_Stickers_Decals&hash=item3f253125be&_uhb=1

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

3mm is perfect for all psu cables. Get at least 4 of those 5m packages. You will need it and can never have enough sleeving.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

3mm is perfect for all psu cables. Get at least 4 of those 5m packages. You will need it and can never have enough sleeving.

What about for power, reset and hdd led cables? Would it be too big? Also do you think this tool will work? http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Modding-Tool-Set-of-4-Fits-Almost-all-Connectors-PC-Modding-Cable-Sleeving-/281108419751?pt=Computer_Case_Mods_Stickers_Decals&hash=item41735e14a7&_uhb=1

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can read hexadecimal and F the rest.

~Fletch

~Fletch

for front panel connectors use awg26 0.14qmm cable, otherwise the lower resistance causes the amps too get to high.

It depends on your psu and whether you want to reuse your stock cables. Some cables just cant be extracted out of the connector even with a extractor tool. For example I could not extract any cable except the molex ones from my ax860, so I ended up making all cables completely from scratch.

Id say try whether the tool works with your psu and cables, otherwise you might need to get some wire and crimps :P

That heatshrink looks right.

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

for front panel connectors use awg26 0.14qmm cable, otherwise the lower resistance causes the amps too get to high.

It depends on your psu and whether you want to reuse your stock cables. Some cables just cant be extracted out of the connector even with a extractor tool. For example I could not extract any cable except the molex ones from my ax860, so I ended up making all cables completely from scratch.

Id say try whether the tool works with your psu and cables, otherwise you might need to get some wire and crimps :P

That heatshrink looks right.

I was planning on reusing the wires but if worst comes to worst I can make them, my dad has all of the tools :P

~Fletch

I was planning on reusing the wires but if worst comes to worst I can make them, my dad has all of the tools :P

Its really not that difficult, but really timeconsumng. Just make sure you got every wire right, take your time and double check everything before you use it with your other componenets. With custom crimps, heatshrinkless sleeving is much easier to fix/melt to the wire, too.

~Fletch

If u have trouble extracting some cords,use fingernail polish to touch up the ends to match.