980ti , 390, or fury?

Tony.C

But get a custom 980Ti. Not the Reference Card.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

But get a custom 980Ti. Not the Reference Card.

Why? Any major advantages?

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

I think you are the drunk one, that's a normal aircooled Fury not Fury X.

Yes, because that's what we're talking about  :rolleyes:... Reading comprehension is hard for you huh? Read any post in the topic, the Fury X is not mentioned anywhere.

But regardless, the Fury X is actually at least as available as the Fury here in the Netherlands. Whether it's worth it is an entirely different story - seems like a lot of money to me (although the Fury does seem pretty reasonable).

Why? Any major advantages?

Oh yes.

Quieter, cooler and way faster.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

If you are an avid gamer then I think you would be far better off waiting for more benchmark reviews on W10 and with DX12. The fact that Team green have quite a large problem with certain aspects of DX12 would be enough for me to either buy AMD or keep the cash in my pocket until the is more definitive evidence that your Team green purchase won't be worthless in future game releases.

Wow... Calling a 980ti worthless is a bit of a stretch don't you reckon? 980 ti is still the to go gfx on the high end. Don't worry about the "future" as the next gen will bring about new cards and for the now, there is no better than the 980 ti. I reckon that in one year time the 980 ti will still be a very potent gfx able to playall the latest games in very high to ultra settings.

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

Wow... Calling a 980ti worthless is a bit of a stretch don't you reckon? 980 ti is still the to go gfx on the high end. Don't worry about the "future" as the next gen will bring about new cards and for the now, there is no better than the 980 ti. I reckon that in one year time the 980 ti will still be a very potent gfx able to playall the latest games in very high to ultra settings.

If the game devs move quickly to DX12 because of the performance gains that it is supposed to bring, and if a-sync compute( I think this name is right but could be wrong) turns out to be a major part of that performance increase, then the current architecture that team green are using may well become worthless as it could end up being beaten by 7*** series cards which apparently handle it fine.

390 would be a good bang for buck imo.

Ofc the 980Ti is better at 1440p, but is it realy worth it?

That is just  a personal thing.

The 390 would basicly good enough to run 1440p max settings for the time being.

You can allways upgrade the gpu later on to pascal or geenland next year.

Being eaten? There are two things. One, async computing is a small part of what dx12 allows and it isn't certain that all devs will use it at least for now.

Secondly, the 980ti doesn't get "eaten" its performance increase is smaller than for amd but a 290x still performs worse. Very close, but worse. So it does not get eaten. I would advise the 980 ti as the to go card or, if you are too worried then a standard fury or fury x (i would go for normal fury) would be adequate. If you don't mind having worse performance now in order to get an unknown advantage in the future which might not be an advantage at all...

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

well i guess i can still wait a month or 2 to actually decide, but I will be going to Florida soon and if I find things at better prices than in Canada, even with our shitty dollar, I'll probably grab it at least a gpu or cpu which are probably the more expensive parts

If you are an avid gamer then I think you would be far better off waiting for more benchmark reviews on W10 and with DX12. The fact that Team green have quite a large problem with certain aspects of DX12 would be enough for me to either buy AMD or keep the cash in my pocket until the is more definitive evidence that your Team green purchase won't be worthless in future game releases.

We will not see any DX12 Games in the next 12 Month´s and even than the 980Ti will be a Beast. Please reduce the Nonsense to a minimum.

We will not see any DX12 Games in the next 12 Month´s and even than the 980Ti will be a Beast. Please reduce the Nonsense to a minimum.

In my world, nonsense is buying a card that may not be competitive in the not too distant future.

Personally when I spend that sort of money then I want to be absolutely sure that it will still be competitive in 2-3 years time.

In my world, nonsense is buying a card that may not be competitive in the not too distant future.

Personally when I spend that sort of money then I want to be absolutely sure that it will still be competitive in 2-3 years time.

Ya, the fastest single GPU in the World will not be competitive in the near future because of one fucking alpha benchmark in which 1 feature wasn´t supportet bei nvidia. :rolleyes: I let you dream on.

Ya, the fastest single GPU in the World will not be competitive in the near future because of one fucking alpha benchmark in which 1 feature wasn´t supportet bei nvidia. :rolleyes: I let you dream on.

We will just have to wait and see, which is what I advised.

At least AMD don't try to get the tests changed so it would not show that their GPU's fail.

I don't like being lied to by someone who is getting my money. You do what you like. 

But if you are unable to reply without profanity then don't expect me to take you seriously.

We will just have to wait and see, which is what I advised.

At least AMD don't try to get the tests changed so it would not show that their GPU's fail.

I don't like being lied to by someone who is getting my money. You do what you like. 

But if you are unable to reply without profanity then don't expect me to take you seriously.

Oh yes i forgot, the poor honest AMD Guys who always tell the truth against the evil, lying NVidia Devils.

AMD´s FuryX Benchmarks bevore Release "defeated" the 980Ti in every test. Well, the Truth looks a bit different isnt it?

But i agree in one point, we will see.

Oh yes i forgot, the poor honest AMD Guys who always tell the truth against the evil, lying NVidia Devils.

AMD´s FuryX Benchmarks bevore Release "defeated" the 980Ti in every test. Well, the Truth looks a bit different isnt it?

But i agree in one point, we will see.

I am still waiting for a 1vs1 test/benchmark on Windows 10. Just so we can see what the precise current state of play is.

I am still waiting for a 1vs1 test/benchmark on Windows 10. Just so we can see what the precise current state of play is.

Ya windows 10 is very important for them because almost 6% of the Steamusers use it atm. And 13,5% use HighEnd GfxCards. I bet Win10 DX12 is Number one on their Agenda.

Considering the performance gains that have been seen on AMD products, I would have thought that most fair minded and performance minded people would be interested. I think the last number I saw was 54 million people had chosen W10. That's quite a few in my book.

It is the current operating system. I can understand why Team Green may not want any public comparison, but then we have already discussed how honest they can be. 

Considering the performance gains that have been seen on AMD products, I would have thought that most fair minded and performance minded people would be interested. I think the last number I saw was 54 million people had chosen W10. That's quite a few in my book.

It is the current operating system. I can understand why Team Green may not want any public comparison, but then we have already discussed how honest they can be. 

Who cares about Non Gamers OS? Steamusers, thats all that matters and the Number 54mio. sounds pretty random to me.

But we beat that horse already. I enjoy my Card in the here and now and you focus on the future which we maybe will never reach.

Nice Day to you.

If the game devs move quickly to DX12 because of the performance gains that it is supposed to bring, and if a-sync compute( I think this name is right but could be wrong) turns out to be a major part of that performance increase, then the current architecture that team green are using may well become worthless as it could end up being beaten by 7*** series cards which apparently handle it fine.

Yeah, let's talk about DX12 shit that we won't see for another 2 years....

I reckon the so called "avid gamer" has money to upgrade his GPU every year.

Why let your card drop in price every single month instead of just selling it and getting the new ones with HBM2 next year?

Summer 2015 980Ti : 740€

Summer 2016 980Ti : 500€

Summer 2017 980Ti : 300€

Summer 2018 980Ti:  150€

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Who cares about Non Gamers OS? Steamusers, thats all that matters and the Number 54mio. sounds pretty random to me.

But we beat that horse already. I enjoy my Card in the here and now and you focus on the future which we maybe will never reach.

Nice Day to you.

He enjoys his microwave oven the 295X2 too with a hole cut out in his case so that it doesn't set the house on fire.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Its easy to safe Money. If you safe 50€ a month for a Year, you can buy a HighEnd card again. People waste Money on so many crap and wonder why People like me spend 800€ on a Graphicscard. I dont go to McDonalds 3 times a week or buy useless DLC Crap ;)

Why let your card drop in price every single month instead of just selling it and getting the new ones with HBM2 next year?

Summer 2015 980Ti : 740€

Summer 2016 980Ti : 500€

Summer 2017 980Ti : 300€

Summer 2018 980Ti:  150€

Jayz2cents made a cool Video about the costs of a GraphicsCard. In fact, the more you spend on a new Card, the more you safe in the End.

absolute elitest rubbish. I wondered when you would show up.

Are you saying that you are not an avid gamer if you cant afford to shell out huge amounts of money every-time your preferred gpu manufacturer brings out something new? 

Again with the swearing, you must be right, you can use bad language. :)

He enjoys his microwave oven the 295X2 too with a hole cut out in his case so that it doesn't set the house on fire.

How can you describe the 295 as a microwave? totally the wrong kind of tech for a start. also the card doesn't get hotter than 75 degrees. Mine rarely gets above 65 degrees.  Whats the maximum temp of the 980ti?