980ti , 390, or fury?

Tony.C

IMO there's only one way too look at it.... nvidia right now is dominating the market having much more power on the market than AMD... I mean even if it is true that nvidia has trouble with async shaders do you really think they would just let AMD gain the upper hand that easily specially with the market share they have?

Now if DX12 will indeed affect nvidia or not... well lets wait and see

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

absolute elitest rubbish. I wondered when you would show up.

Are you saying that you are not an avid gamer if you cant afford to shell out huge amounts of money every-time your preferred gpu manufacturer brings out something new? 

Again with the swearing, you must be right, you can use bad language. :)

Na he´s kind of right. People who complain about expensive cards often are People who throw their Money at EA, Blizzard or Ubisoft for ridiculous DLC´s and microtransactions. I dont think we can generalize tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Its easy to safe Money. If you safe 50€ a month for a Year, you can buy a HighEnd card again. People waste Money on so many crap and wonder why People like me spend 800€ on a Graphicscard. I dont go to McDonalds 3 times a week or buy useless DLC Crap ;)

So you trow your old GPU's away?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

IMO there's only one way too look at it.... nvidia right now is dominating the market having much more power on the market than AMD... I mean even if it is true that nvidia has trouble with async shaders do you really think they would just let AMD gain the upper hand that easily specially with the market share they have?

They are dominating the market in terms of market share. IMHO This is partly due to them using "black box" technology in order to prevent their competitors being able to compete fairly. 

A lot of the time it only took a driver change for AMD to pretty much catch up. 

It is going to take a whole new architecture for Nvidia to be able to run DX 12 the way it is supposed to. 

Plus, of course, they tried to hide that fact from their loyal customers and the rest of the world.

No. They sit here on a shelf and remind me of past Times.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

How can you describe the 295 as a microwave? totally the wrong kind of tech for a start. also the card doesn't get hotter than 75 degrees. Mine rarely gets above 65 degrees.  Whats the maximum temp of the 980ti?

It uses as much power as a microwave. Doesn't matter if a card is watercooled or not, the same heat goes into your room.

absolute elitest rubbish. I wondered when you would show up.

Are you saying that you are not an avid gamer if you cant afford to shell out huge amounts of money every-time your preferred gpu manufacturer brings out something new? 

Again with the swearing, you must be right, you can use bad language. :)

Why let your card drop in price every single month instead of just selling it and getting the new ones with HBM2 next year for about 200-300€?

Summer 2015 980Ti : 740€

Summer 2016 980Ti : 500€

Summer 2017 980Ti : 300€

Summer 2018 980Ti:  150€

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

No. They sit here on a shelf and remind me of past Times.

That's some expensive 500€ shelf-art to look at.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I neither go to McDonalds, nor do I buy DLC. I have 4 games in my library but I still saved (and used the credit card) to get my 295 when I saw it for £500 brand new. I am not intending to replace it for the foreseeable future. I couldn't justify paying that kind of money more than once every 5 years or so. 

Before you start, I realise that 4 games does not make me an avid gamer. I never said I was. There are a lot of avid gamers who spend far less on their kit than either of us. That was my point.

They are dominating the market in terms of market share. IMHO This is partly due to them using "black box" technology in order to prevent their competitors being able to compete fairly. 

It is going to take a whole new architecture for Nvidia to be able to run DX 12 the way it is supposed to. 

Plus, of course, they tried to hide that fact from their loyal customers and the rest of the world.

There are DX12 Features AMD cant handle, dont see the Shitstorm about that anywhere...hmm. In Fact both couldn´t use all Features, from any DX. And Dx12 will be exact the same.

probably but considering the money and the amount of users they have do you really think they would just let AMD crush them so to say? Imagine a 300-400 $ card performing as good as the 980ti, the amount of bashing they would recieve would be way over the board and I doubt they would just look at it and let it happen speciallu knowing the advantage they have over AMD

GPU:Gigabyte G1 980Ti 6GB GDDR5  CPU:Intel i7 6700K 4.0Ghz + Cooler Master 412S RAM:8GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (x2) Motherboard:Z170-A Krait Gaming HDD/SSD:1TB Western Digital & 120GB Kingston HyperX Case:NZXT S340 + 3x Corsair AF 140mm + 1x Corsair AF 120mm + 1x Corsair SP 120mm PSU:Seasonic M12II Evo 620W 80 Plus Display: Benq XL2430T 144Hz Sound: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro & JVC SZ1000 + Schiit Vali + Fiio E17

That's some expensive 500€ shelf-art to look at.

Hmm, maybe i sell it, maybe not, i dont know. I never plan more than 4 weeks in the future.

Na he´s kind of right. People who complain about expensive cards often are People who throw their Money at EA, Blizzard or Ubisoft for ridiculous DLC´s and microtransactions. I dont think we can generalize tho.

I see those kids with R9 270 or 950 or what not trowing 60$ to each new release instead of waiting a few months to get it for like 10$. No wonder they don't have money.

I was tempted to buy Mad Max for 15€ on G2A but I didn't because I know I don't have time to play with the other +300 unplayed games in my Steam library.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It uses as much power as a microwave. Doesn't matter if a card is watercooled or not, the same heat goes into your room.

Wrong again my pedigree chum, most microwaves use more than 1000w, the 295 uses about 750 I believe. The watercooling was not the point. The temperature reached is the main factor. Or do Nvidia cards that reach 75-85 degrees and more magically remove the heat into the ground without affecting the air in the room?

There are DX12 Features AMD cant handle, dont see the Shitstorm about that anywhere...hmm. In Fact both couldn´t use all Features, from any DX. And Dx12 will be exact the same.

I think you mean DX12.1

I see those kids with R9 270 or 950 or what not trowing 60$ to each new release instead of waiting a few months to get it for like 10$. No wonder they don't have money.

I was tempted to buy Mad Max for 15€ on G2A but I didn't because I know I don't have time to play with the other +300 unplayed games in my Steam library.

Ya, those Keystores safe a shitload of money.

I neither go to McDonalds, nor do I buy DLC. I have 4 games in my library but I still saved (and used the credit card) to get my 295 when I saw it for £500 brand new. I am not intending to replace it for the foreseeable future. I couldn't justify paying that kind of money more than once every 5 years or so. 

Before you start, I realise that 4 games does not make me an avid gamer. I never said I was. There are a lot of avid gamers who spend far less on their kit than either of us. That was my point.

My point was that people are stupid enough to keep their stuff until it's either broke or worthless.

Why shouldn't I sell my 980Ti next summer right before the new GPU releases for 500-600€ and with another 100-200€ get a new GPU?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

My point was that people are stupid enough to keep their stuff until it's either broke or worthless.

Why shouldn't I sell my 980Ti next summer right before the new GPU releases for 500-600€ and with another 100-200€ get a new GPU?

You can do what you like. I think a lot of people like to get kit that they don't have to replace every year.

Wrong again my pedigree chum, most microwaves use more than 1000w, the 295 uses about 750 I believe. The watercooling was not the point. The temperature reached is the main factor. Or do Nvidia cards that reach 75-85 degrees and more magically remove the heat into the ground without affecting the air in the room?

My MSI 980Ti stays under 75C and unhearable compared to my Corsair Quiet Edition 120mm casefans:

The actual real question is, do I currently have a better gaming experience then you with your 295X2? Yes I am.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

My MSI 980Ti stays under 75C and unhearable compared to my Corsair Quiet Edition 120mm casefans:

The actual real question is, do I currently have a better gaming experience then you with your 295X2? Yes I am.

Gaming experience is a tough one to prove. How can you possibly say that you do? 

Gaming experience is a tough one to prove. How can you possibly say that you do? 

I'm gaming at IPS 7680x1440 144hz with G-SYNC

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

That´s a matter of opinion. Impossible to complain about opinions. But he has a Badass Card and the best Display Money can buy atm on his side ;)

That´s a matter of opinion. Impossible to complain about opinions. But he has a Badass Card and the best Display Money can buy atm on his side ;)

I'm actually making money right now waiting for one of these 3 Acer XB270HU to sell. My best flip was 250€ profit. Now that's already the money required to upgrade from a 980Ti to a GTX 1080

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

That doesn't mean that his actual experience is any better than mine. Experience is purely subjective.

That doesn't mean that his actual experience is any better than mine. Experience is purely subjective.

Of course not. Fallout 3 without Mods look dated as Hell and is still a fucking awesome expirience.

Of course not. Fallout 3 without Mods look dated as Hell and is still a fucking awesome expirience.

Lol I'm playing Fallout 3 right now for the first time (yes I'm a noob) and it looks fucking amazing for 2008. Playing it at 5K DSR, now that's again something you can't do on the shitty AMD driver which are limited to 3200X1800 VSR

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU