My current laptop... Lenovo Z50-75

TheBudi114

I was told by one of my teachers to invest on a laptop for video editing one day.

Soon I planned with him to buy an Asus Laptop from an online store.

My parents didn't really like any of those parts the laptop nor the online shopping.

So we went to a big IT Store and my parents asked the employees for an equivalent.

They gave me this laptop. It has an AMD FX-7500 CPU, Radeon R7 M260DX GPU, 1TB WD Blue HDD 2.5" of course, and it had 8GB of RAM.

Here's a picture: post-242226-0-51865700-1441726282.jpg

So my first impression was that it had good texturing on the top and bottom. The screen is very light, a small gust of air would cause it to shake like an earthquake was happening.

It has an optical drive, a VGA port and a HDMI port, an RJ45 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB 3.0 port, an SD card reader and the always needed 3.5mm headphone jack.

Turned it on and went through the Windows 8.1 installation. This was on April this year so, no Windows 10 yet. Immediately when it booted into the desktop, I saw all the bloatware that

haunts all Lenovo products (even smartphones too. ya know). Uninstalled them and took around an hour or less. Puzzled I was that it booted up slow, launched apps so slowly, and its keyboard is the worst.

(I'm typing on it for this post.). The keys on the keyboard are slightly too easy to press. Certain key "ghosts" appear on the screen all the time. Certain keys like to have twins when typing. Some don't even want to show up.

Used Sony Vegas 13 on it, wasn't too bad. A 5 min video took me around 1~2 hours to render. After Effects on this thing, was a nope. 3D doesn't work good. Photoshop was very slow.....

Then Windows 10 came....

It was a surprise for me..

The laptop didn't improve in any way at all. Windows booted up slower, apps were slower, even the start menu was slow.

So I wanted to find out more....

I opened its back casing, and found korean brand RAM so, I was like, "Korean RAM??? No wonder it only has 6.9GB of RAM usable."

Before I went and bought DDR3L memory for this laptop I asked people how to make it faster.

They suggested an SSD. So I said goodbye to the slow optical drive and made room for a HDD Caddy of which inside I put the 1TB HDD.

Bought a KIngston SSDNow V300, installed new Windows 10 using the same key. The key was not on anything. Not in the packaging, nowhere. So I used Microsoft Toolkit.

Now that it boots from the SSD, has 14.9 GB of RAM, it is fast.

Bottom of the line:

Build: 6/10

Hardware: 6/10

Price: USD 533.41 (Currency exchange rates ya.... MYR 2,300)

Overall: 5/10 (Yeah low score)

Would I recommend it to friends and such: If that person is hyped up about having to buy an SSD and not being able to use the ODD.

Im from Malaysia..... Wooooo!!! The land where 1 USD is 4.33 MYR...

PCPartPicker wont do for me...  :(

here's where I do my searching for stuff (Local Market and prices are in MYR): Lelong.my

amd laptops are just pure shite, my amd a10-7300 apu sucks so badly, its slower than my girlfriends mums  2nd gen i3 laptop which has half the ram mine does.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

amd laptops are just pure shite, my amd a10-7300 apu sucks so badly, its slower than my girlfriends mums  2nd gen i3 laptop which has half the ram mine does.

agreed.

Im from Malaysia..... Wooooo!!! The land where 1 USD is 4.33 MYR...

PCPartPicker wont do for me...  :(

here's where I do my searching for stuff (Local Market and prices are in MYR): Lelong.my

I opened its back casing, and found korean brand RAM so, I was like, "Korean RAM??? No wonder it only has 6.9GB of RAM usable."

LUIL19R.png

A lot of tech is developed and manufactured in South Korea, I doubt it's the fault of where it came from and more the fault of either a damaged DIMM or some strange OS issue.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If bought it from Lowyat, that place is well known to swap some of the internals of a laptop for something lower quality or used parts. The ram could be one of them. But I disagree with the keyboard part as I used to own the G50 from Lenovo and their keyboard is probably the second best keyboard I've used, after a Macbook keyboard. Also that SSD meh..Plenty other better ssd you can get for around the same money. 

You obviously can expect that much performance from a cpu that is only equivalent to i3-4100U. Certainly not the cpu for doing video editing.