World's first quantum dot monitor

jos

Ah ok. I get you.

But I don't want people to have in mind that wide gamut is bad and avoids it like the plague.

It is definitively the way forward, and I think having most phones with wide gamut display will take the PC space as well.

Yeah, I am a bit overexaggerated in the OP I think, it will probably be revised more anyway as it's only a draft. I figured I had to push hard though since it was intended to fight against the TV marketing machine, and you know how people always get caught up in features due to that xD since it's the only advantage over LED backlit displays, other than power efficiency, no doubt they will trumpet wide gamut from the rooftops xD

I agree wide gamut is the future, even if not now, when OLED has largely replaced LCD then certainly wide gamut will become the norm.

Looks so ugly :/

00110000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110001 00110001 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00110000 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110000 00110001 00110000 00110001 00100000 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 00110001 00110000 00110001 

Yeah, I am a bit overexaggerated in the OP I think, it will probably be revised more anyway as it's only a draft. I figured I had to push hard though since it was intended to fight against the TV marketing machine, and you know how people always get caught up in features due to that xD since it's the only advantage over LED backlit displays, other than power efficiency, no doubt they will trumpet wide gamut from the rooftops xD

I agree wide gamut is the future, even if not now, when OLED has largely replaced LCD then certainly wide gamut will become the norm.

Yea, I figured that is what you are doing, and agree with you.

For sire TV companies will push wide gamut, and over saturation tricks is always used on TVs to show how better they are from the competitor in the retail space. Wide gamut would be and probably will be an easy selling point as color would be more saturated, but not cartoon like. But do we really care about over saturation on TVs. I mean how many people actually adjust the colors of their TV? While I have no stats to back my self, I am most certain that people uses the default settings which are usually bad.

Oh God...this is gonna end up as another impulse buy I don't really need.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Blacks should be more or less the same, as you still have a back light, which is a problem for LCD technology. It really comes down to the panel technology in being good at blocking light. The real solution is returning back to CRT days TV/monitors, or go forward with OLED. CRT it is a light cannon that draws the screen, and OLED produces its own light, so OLED will be as black as the background the TV or monitor has, which isn't hard to do in order to get really good blacks.

But why are there no OLED monitors? Or Super-OLED monitors? Sure the prices will be very high but I definitely would buy one.

Another problem from what I heard is because OLED burns in by still image?

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

But why are there no OLED monitors? Or Super-OLED monitors? Sure the prices will be very high but I definitely would buy one.

OLED sub pixels aren't like a computer monitor, because some of the primary colors die faster than other, and less bright. So they make the sub pixel color larger, so you loose sharpness. It works on phones as the pixel density is super high so you don't see the problem.

Also as OLED monitors age with time, as the color deteriorate, they shift color. The panel has a circuitry to compensate the colors of the panel to try and adjust it. If you don't do color work on a phone, it is fine. Same for a TV. But a display of this price range would target on the PC market would affect people that might not be a professionals that requires color accuracy, but wants accurate or semi-accurate colors for the best visual experience, and don't have a color calibrator.

Considering that people even on this very same forum is having a serious hard time justifying the cost of a true 8-bit IPS panel, I don't see OLED monitor being even more expensive, would sell.

That's right burn in hell prehistoric LCDS where Grey=Black

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

OLEDs deteriorate too quickly, leading to permanent afterimages and color balance issues. They can get away with it on phones because people usually replace them after two years or so, but the same isn't true with monitors. Also monitors aren't as big of a market as phones or TVs, so it will be the last focus for OLEDs.

OLED sub pixels aren't like a computer monitor, because some of the primary colors die faster than other, and less bright. So they make the sub pixel color larger, so you loose sharpness. It works on phones as the pixel density is super high so you don't see the problem.

Also as OLED monitors age with time, as the color deteriorate, they shift color. The panel has a circuitry to compensate the colors of the panel to try and adjust it. If you don't do color work on a phone, it is fine. Same for a TV. But a display of this price range would target on the PC market would affect people that might not be a professionals that requires color accuracy, but wants accurate or semi-accurate colors for the best visual experience, and don't have a color calibrator.

Considering that people even on this very same forum is having a serious hard time justifying the cost of a true 8-bit IPS panel, I don't see OLED monitor being even more expensive, would sell.

Damn. My only concern for monitors are the black levels. I mean, I want to see any detail in darker scenes like games and movies.

Games like GTA and NFS in nights. But some of the monitors tends to have a very strong backlight and decreasing the brightness leven didn't help at all.

I had this problem with Asus MX279H IPS, I couldn't see anything, it was all grey and too bright. I returned it the very next day.

Since a week I got the Iiyama XB2483HSU-B1 and this is almost the perfect monitor with great contrast and black levels.

If it was 19 inch or 20, it would have been the perfect monitor. The bigger a monitor is, the more light have to informed over the display.

Bigger is just not good, simply because of the backlight informity.

The Asus monitor was an IPS btw, it was a bad one. This Iiayama has AMVA.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280