What is the best aftermarket N64 controller?

gurnben

Hey guys,

I am going to be buying an n64 from a friend in a couple of days; however, it does not include any controller so I am in the market for some controllers. Now I have heard bad things about buying used original controllers as the joysticks can be unreliable.

So, my question is, what controller (probably aftermarket) should I buy? Anyone have any idea of specific brands/designs?

Thanks!

Well, I still have four of my controllers but I did buy two used, and they have lasted five years so far. Now their joysticks are a bit loose but they still work great...and their shell has  been horrendously damaged. I mean I took my buy the cord and swung it around, smashing it into concrete and it still works.

If you don't wish to buy used original or new original, then get either Cirka (I think that's the name of it; may start with a B. I'll look for it right now) or Gen Classic. You won't find an aftermarket controller that is as good or better than the original, though.

edit

This place sells controllers, original and third-party, plus a lot of other stuff for the system. The price seems really nice, and they are new.

http://www.lukiegames.com/nintendo-64-n64-accessories.html

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well, I still have four of my controllers but I did buy two used, and they have lasted five years so far. Now their joysticks are a bit loose but they still work great...and their shell has  been horrendously damaged. I mean I took my buy the cord and swung it around, smashing it into concrete and it still works.

If you don't wish to buy used original or new original, then get either Cirka (I think that's the name of it; may start with a B. I'll look for it right now) or Gen Classic. You won't find an aftermarket controller that is as good or better than the original, though.

edit

This place sells controllers, original and third-party, plus a lot of other stuff for the system. The price seems really nice, and they are new.

http://www.lukiegames.com/nintendo-64-n64-accessories.html

Thanks, did some searching myself and it seems the best reviewed are TTX, with circa in a close 2nd!

Thanks, did some searching myself and it seems the best reviewed are TTX, with circa in a close 2nd!

Neato! Glad you found something. Enjoy your N64 when you get it, one of the best gaming platforms ever. :wub:

edit

nah, this is Gen Classic:

http://www.amazon.com/Gen-Classic-Controller-Grey-Nintendo-64/dp/B003UI5GLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441331508&sr=8-1&keywords=gen+classic+n64+controller

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Neato! Glad you found something. Enjoy your N64 when you get it, one of the best gaming platforms ever. :wub:

edit

nah, this is Gen Classic:

http://www.amazon.com/Gen-Classic-Controller-Grey-Nintendo-64/dp/B003UI5GLC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441331508&sr=8-1&keywords=gen+classic+n64+controller

Ahhhh, ok, but those reviews tho... Will probably go with ttx and I can get it from Walmart so I can return it if I find any issues! Thanks! Any game recommendations?

Ahhhh, ok, but those reviews tho... Will probably go with ttx and I can get it from Walmart so I can return it if I find any issues! Thanks! Any game recommendations?

Yea, if the TTX controllers have better reviews, get it instead.

Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Donkey Kong 64, Mario 64, Pokemon Snap!, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day (unlikely though), Mega Man 64, Star Fox, Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Resident Evil 2, Perfect Dark, Bomberman 64, Smash Bros and and I always thought that Ready 2 Rumble had its fun. :lol: