Build-Off Week 5: Orange + Red Awesomeness

Go to solution Solved by Terminashunator,

CPU:  AMD FX-8150 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler:  Zalman CNPS2X CPU Cooler  ($24.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard:  ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($75.41 @ Microcenter) 
Storage:  Corsair Force Series GS 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($125.89 @ Newegg) 
Video Card:  Asus Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card  ($304.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($96.96 @ Newegg) 
Monitor:  Gateway KX2153bd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($107.73 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard:  Rosewill RK-101 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($5.37 @ Newegg) 
Mouse:  Logitech B100 Wired Optical Mouse  ($5.49 @ Mac Mall) 
Speakers:  Logitech LS21 7W 2.1ch Speakers  ($26.71 @ Outlet PC) 
Other: Orange Sata Cable ($4.28)
Other: Bitfenix Alchemy Orange LED strip ($20.99)
Total: $1077.23
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-08-10 19:29 EDT-0400)

Initially, I tried to fix a Xeon version of an i7 and a 770 but it was a few dollars over. 

Switched to AMD since AMD is cheaper overall. 

I chose the 8150 due to the 8 core, high enough clock speed, and it was $50 cheaper than an 8350.

The CPU cooler is boss, it's ORANGE!

I chose an Asrock motherboard due to it's matte black background doesn't draw away from the Orange and Black theme.

Ares ram is orange

Corsair Force GS is RED :D

I chose a single, powerful GPU over CFX or SLI, and it's a DC2 so overclocking to 7970 levels is possible.

NZXT phantom? Hello, it's red.

OCZ Fatal1ty? Knock, knock. Hello, red calling!

Mouse, Keyboard, Speakers They were inexpensive and fit the bill. I love logitech products.

and let me clear my throat.

ORANGE SATA CABLE AND ORANGE LEDS! :D

oops, I voted for myself, Dont count one vote please!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

oops, I voted for myself, Dont count one vote please!

I made the votes public so I can see if anyone votes for him/herself. You can also click "delete my vote" and vote for someone else (or not vote at all).

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

@Kuzma

@chromeboy42

@gylmir

@Dravic

I have disqualified you because your part lists lack the necessary peripherals. If you think that this is an error (e.g. I didn't see the speakers built into your monitor), please let me know. If not, please cast a vote for someone else. Thank you!

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

@CornOnJacob Thanks for putting this fun together. I really enjoyed it!

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

@CornOnJacob Thanks for putting this fun together. I really enjoyed it!

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope that these contests can turn into a bigger community thing (hopefully with badges for winners and a mention on the WAN show).

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope that these contests can turn into a bigger community thing (hopefully with badges for winners and a mention on the WAN show).

I doubt it--there'd be too many badges and would sort of pale in comparison to the real 'Builds of the Week'.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I doubt it--there'd be too many badges and would sort of pale in comparison to the real 'Builds of the Week'.

Maybe only repeat winners would get badges or something then. Just an idea I was tossing around.