Noob Question

Worth
Go to solution Solved by Frix,

In screen resolution you can grab one monitor and drag it to the other side.

I have two monitors hooked up to my computer(just built yesterday) and the computer thinks that the right monitor is actually on the left and visa-versa. How do I fix this?

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

I have two monitors hooked up to my computer(just built yesterday) and the computer thinks that the right monitor is actually on the left and visa-versa. How do I fix this?

maybe.......... the first monitor should be numbered as 2 and the second one as 1. try it. i don't know if this is silly answer!i do have a doubt in it! :( :unsure:

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

In screen resolution you can grab one monitor and drag it to the other side.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Right mouse click on the desktop and then click on screen resolutions and then you see monitor 1 and monitor 2.

Then you drag the left monitor to the right and problem solved and no problem if you ask "Noob questions" :)  

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

From memory I think you go to the screen resolution section of the control panel (right click on desktop and choose screen resolution). At the top of that window will be your two displays, you should be able to click and drag either one into the right place so it matches how you've actually mounted them.

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

The numbers of the monitors in the screen resolution setting don't matter, what matters is which monitor is your primary monitor.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

On the control panel where you can change the resolution of the screens you can also drag the monitor to the right or to the left of the other