IPS vs TN - DELL U2414H vs BenQ RL2455HM

Ok..so there's been a lot of debate with myself about 2 monitors, and that's the ones listed above in the title. I've been lurking for a monitor for quite a while now as I'm in need of one REAL badly. Thing is, they're so many I just literally can't choose! Now, if I get a monitor whether it's TN or IPS it will be those two (I don't want any other recommendations since I'm already flooded with options as I told you). Everyone here likes the U2414H but I think it's quite overrated for me since everyone seems to label it as a ''video editing, photoshop masterpiece''. I love color accuracy, vibrant colors and all but since the dell is mostly for that I think a TN is just as good for gaming and for the games I play (CS:GO, League of Legends, Hearthstone) and some steam games. Do you have any other reasons that the DELL just is SO much superior to the other monitors that everyone considers it and it's a MUST buy? 

It looks nicer. That's basically it. But even in gaming, the nicer panel is still nice.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Mang unless you play games at a competitive level (like professional competitive), IPS is the way to go

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Mang unless you play games at a competitive level (like professional competitive), IPS is the way to go

Even then, I'd still take an IPS panel. Modern IPS panels aren't much worse in terms of gaming performance (if at all).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Well..I do play League of Legends at quite a high level (Diamond 1) And I'm currently Master Guardian Elite in CS:GO.. Do you think I should still go for the BenQ one?

Ok..so there's been a lot of debate with myself about 2 monitors, and that's the ones listed above in the title. I've been lurking for a monitor for quite a while now as I'm in need of one REAL badly. Thing is, they're so many I just literally can't choose! Now, if I get a monitor whether it's TN or IPS it will be those two (I don't want any other recommendations since I'm already flooded with options as I told you). Everyone here likes the U2414H but I think it's quite overrated for me since everyone seems to label it as a ''video editing, photoshop masterpiece''. I love color accuracy, vibrant colors and all but since the dell is mostly for that I think a TN is just as good for gaming and for the games I play (CS:GO, League of Legends, Hearthstone) and some steam games. Do you have any other reasons that the DELL just is SO much superior to the other monitors that everyone considers it and it's a MUST buy? 

That exact Dell you already picked out is actually one of the best IPS Panels for gaming, it has less input lag than the vast vast majority of other displays, and the g2g response time is also very low in comparison to similar priced displays. 

Keep in mind the quoted G2G response time doesn't actually mean anything in reality. 

So out of the two I would 100% get the Dell

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

That exact Dell you already picked out is actually one of the best IPS Panels for gaming, it has less input lag than the vast vast majority of other displays, and the g2g response time is also very low in comparison to similar priced displays. 

Keep in mind the quoted G2G response time doesn't actually mean anything in reality. 

So out of the two I would 100% get the Dell

So you saying that paying 60 more pounds are definitely worth it? I'll quote you on this when/if I get the DELL :D

So you saying that paying 60 more pounds are definitely worth it? I'll quote you on this when/if I get the DELL :D

I would say so yes  :D

But here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2414h.htm

Read that review of it, it's probably the most detailed review available for that monitor, it should show you that the Dell is amazing for gaming too even though it isn't marketed for it. 

I would go into more detail for you myself but need to go to sleep just got home  :wacko:  :ph34r:

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

I have one.

I can confirm it's a fantastic monitor.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Well..I do play League of Legends at quite a high level (Diamond 1) And I'm currently Master Guardian Elite in CS:GO.. Do you think I should still go for the BenQ one?

If that's the case, then (assuming you have the hardware to drive it) you should get a 144hz monitor instead. Otherwise, I would definitely go with the U2414H (or the P2414H if you wanted to save some money -- The P2414H is the same panel just in a different housing and isn't factory calibrated -- i.e. you can make it look just as good as a U2414H excluding the nicer bezel for a substantial savings. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

im Legendary igloo and i play with an IPS panel so... it really is up to you

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

im Legendary igloo and i play with an IPS panel so... it really is up to you

Well..since it's not up to my budget but up to the performance and the color accuracy..I will probably go for the U2414H