GTX 760 or HD 9XXX series ?

Mukessh

Hey guys . If you had $250 , would you buy the GTX 760 or wait for the HD 9XXX series ?

I'd get a 7950 and overclock it.

If I get the 7950 , then once the 9000 series comes out , 7950's price will drop very fast . Therefore if I want to sell it , I'll lose too much . 

Well if you're waiting for the 9000 series, at that point you could just compare between the 760 and the other potentials. So I would wait, but chances are its not going to be that different from a 7950.

If I get the 7950 , then once the 9000 series comes out , 7950's price will drop very fast . Therefore if I want to sell it , I'll lose too much . 

No, 7950 prices have just been slashed to make room for the 9000 series, so now is the best time to buy a 7950.

Keep in mind that the first 9000 series cards to come out will be quite expensive, and you might have to wait for quite a bit longer for something more affordable to come along.

No, 7950 prices have just been slashed to make room for the 9000 series, so now is the best time to buy a 7950.

Keep in mind that the first 9000 series cards to come out will be quite expensive, and you might have to wait for quite a bit longer for something more affordable to come along.

Hmm , good point ! I'll think about it . Thanks man . 

7950s & 7970s have just dropped in price in preparation for the 9000 series, so picking one up now is your best bet.
You get a more powerful card with the 7950 as compared to the 760, it runs cooler, consumes less power & you get more memory so the card will last you longer before you need an upgrade.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I don't recommend reference 7950s, they get a bit too hot when you overclock them, however this card would be perfectly suited for water-cooling.

I don't recommend reference 7950s, they get a bit too hot when you overclock them, however this card would be perfectly suited for water-cooling.

I am planning to do watercooling in the future .

Go for it then :) .

Watercooling blocks won't work on PCBs such from Sapphire ?

I had $250 and got a 760.  I was upgrading from a 650ti tho.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

go with green giant ;)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

9000 series.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I'd rather wait for over 9000 series

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V