Best motherboard for gaming?

Quite dumb? Why? If someone card afford it...

The spend the money on PCI-E SSDs and stuff; 3 or 4 cards really dont scale that well. Or better yet; buy a pair of cards every generation instead of every 3 generations.

Quite dumb? Why? If someone card afford it...

in best case scenario you get a 20% boost from the 3rd card and 10% for the 4th...but most of the time the third card will introduce more stuttering and headaches than extra performance and in many games it will just sit there doing nothing...now imagine the 4th card. :)

Just buy the two strongest cards you can afford and call it a day even if you don't have a budget.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

in best case scenario you get a 20% boost from the 3rd card and 10% for the 4th...but most of the time the third card will introduce more stuttering and headaches than extra performance and in many games it will just sit there doing nothing...now imagine the 4th card. :)

Just buy the two strongest cards you can afford and call it a day even if you don't have a budget.

Tomb Raider 2013 is the exception to this. It has near perfect scaling.

That said I don't endorse more than 2 GPUs unless its for certain rendering/productivity applications where it sometimes makes sense.