Something really different

Nicholas15

I was just thinking in my spare time about the world, I like to think about ways of doing things that people havnt thought of before, I was just wondering if my "theory" could ever work in reality,

So, a nuclear reactor works byy creating heat which boils water and creats steam, that steam is used to turn turbines, but I was thinking of a way to eliminate the need for a "reactor" like what if we dug deep underground, close to the core and placed a boiler and turbines, maybe under an ocean so we can directly take water from above, then we just use alot of them, or what if we put one in a close orbit with the sun? and used the same method "this one is really unlikely", I just want to know if this is possible or even realistic in anyway, thanks

I was just thinking in my spare time about the world, I like to think about ways of doing things that people havnt thought of before, I was just wondering if my "theory" could ever work in reality,

So, a nuclear reactor works byy creating heat which boils water and creats steam, that steam is used to turn turbines, but I was thinking of a way to eliminate the need for a "reactor" like what if we dug deep underground, close to the core and placed a boiler and turbines, maybe under an ocean so we can directly take water from above, then we just use alot of them, or what if we put one in a close orbit with the sun? and used the same method "this one is really unlikely", I just want to know if this is possible or even realistic in anyway, thanks

we can't dig that deep

The reason why we can't do the core one, We could never get close enough to the core of the earth or even let alone, get to it, even then the /pressure would be so strong you would get crushed/ Getting to the core would take 100's of years

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the / / statement, I do that if I'm not sure) 

Probably already been thought of, and some reason why it wouldn't work

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Geothermal energy. What you're thinking of is called geothermal energy.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

the amount of pressure will kill and destroy everything that goes deep enough. even metal and hoomans

324f4ffeb7cdb147684a56a594e93159.jpgdo you rlly want dis kitty 2 die :(

The reason why we can't do the core one, We could never get close enough to the core of the earth or even let alone, get to it, even then the /pressure would be so strong you would get crushed/ Getting to the core would take 100's of years

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong about the / / statement, I do that if I'm not sure) 

Yes, but we only need to go deep enough to boul water, the deepest weve ever dug was a mine(i dont know where) in which it was the sheer heat that miners could go no deeper, if we just went slightly further we might be able to do it

the only issue i see with the really really deep one is that it is really really deep. you've got to get either the steam or electricity out of that massive pit before it could be usable. resulting in a large loss in energy

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

So its already been thought of? well im sad now :(

Yes, but we only need to go deep enough to boul water, the deepest weve ever dug was a mine(i dont know where) in which it was the sheer heat that miners could go no deeper, if we just went slightly further we might be able to do it

Remember, thats from physical heat, we need to boil large amounts of water (100f+  deg) 

and transfer it too. More energy then its creating 

the only issue i see with the really really deep one is that it is really really deep. you've got to get either the steam or electricity out of that massive pit before it could be usable. resulting in a large loss in energy

I was thinking of this aswell, waves carry energy, wether it be radio or gamma rays, what if we found a way to turn the electricity into a wave big enough of carrying vast quantities of electricity, it would be quicker and would result in alot less energy loss, this is just a theory again

yes but he wants to take it to  a whole new level, NOR is it efficient enough

So its already been thought of? well im sad now :(

yes but he wants to take it to  a whole new level, NOR is it efficient enough

Wats not efficient enough?

Wats not efficient enough?

taking heat from the core of the earth and bringing it to the top.

IF we could even dig that far lmao

taking heat from the core of the earth and bringing it to the top.

Did you see what I said about using waves

Did you see what I said about using waves

http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/25569/high-voltages-vs-energy-loss

more energy loss  longer cables.

once solar panels get really good.

putting them on all roofs is most efficient way to generate.

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/what-is-the-most-efficient-source-of-electricity-1754/

winds the best but  agian cabling. 

the amount of pressure will kill and destroy everything that goes deep enough. even metal and hoomans

do you rlly want dis kitty 2 die :(

Not really but I want this asshole to die. Dogs are wayyy better.

galleryimage1291544439-feb-4-2012-600x50

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

Not really but I want this asshole to die. Dogs are wayyy better.

How can dogs be better than cats?

Cats are (on average) way cuter.

Dogs are trained, while cats have a personality.

Also, cats reign over the internet.

So you finally finished spamming the forums with 50x build "help" topics?

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

324f4ffeb7cdb147684a56a594e93159.jpgdo you rlly want dis kitty 2 die :(

that cute fuck cant die.

dont let it die

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

We already have geothermal power, but there's a problem with geothermal because the heat underground required can be miles down. That's a problem when digging such holes can be ludicrously expensive to both install and maintain (you wouldn't want a pipe to break...).

There are always options of improving, but right now everything is money-driven, so geothermal and such is only used where the heat is naturally very close to the surface and easy to access.

In fact it's also a similar story with mining coal, there's actually countless veins of coal in existence but companies haven't mined them all yet because there won't be much profit, if any, for the amount of money they spend in mining it. They only mine the juicy, thick coal veins that will yield the biggest profits.

So you finally finished spamming the forums with 50x build "help" topics?

yes I have, thanks for the concern