Will overclocking lighten my cpu load when using VM's?

ERSCreeper
Go to solution Solved by Cacao,

In theory it should help, I don't have any experience with it though. Plus why wouldn't you overclock anyway?

Was just thinking if I overclocked my CPU to say 4.4-4.6GHz, would it help when I run my VM's? I haven't yet checked the CPU while running them but I would think it would improve/lighten the load a little. Yay? Nay?

\

In theory it should help, I don't have any experience with it though. Plus why wouldn't you overclock anyway?

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Sigrig says you're not even using turbo boost. Enable that then you should see improvements right away.

Yes, overclock once you get a decent cooler. Will help.

Better do some before and after testing to make sure it's not something else slowing you down.

yes, itll be more faster so your vm's will run more better, the more jiggahertz, the better

So are yooooo telling me that a 1.5 jijjajjertz netbook won't run 5 VMs at the samee time?

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

So are yooooo telling me that a 1.5 jijjajjertz netbook won't run 5 VMs at the samee time?

nope sorry, you need more jiggahertz and more cores otherwise it will not run more better but more worse!

But yeah overclock and tell us how far you go with what temps!

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

nope sorry, you need more jiggahertz and more cores otherwise it will not run more better but more worse!

But yeah overclock and tell us how far you go with what temps!

Please tell me you got the joke :D