What's the difference ...

Between OEM and non-OEM software (specifically MS Windows)?

There is quite a price difference between OEM verison of Windows 7 and the ones that are not OEM. I am looking to make a gaming rig to get around the new console wars coming up, and 99.99% of all PC games are made to run on Windows. OEM versions are less expensive, but say somethign about needing a support tech for the end-user. So I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The OEM versions are bound to the harware and the non-OEM version is bound to the product key.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Between OEM and non-OEM software (specifically MS Windows)?

There is quite a price difference between OEM verison of Windows 7 and the ones that are not OEM. I am looking to make a gaming rig to get around the new console wars coming up, and 99.99% of all PC games are made to run on Windows. OEM versions are less expensive, but say somethign about needing a support tech for the end-user. So I'm lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there is no difference apart from the fact that oem is made for system builders so basically it is made to be installed on a freshly built pc that never had an os